Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II will likely be the first Call of Duty game to get two years of support. It's understandable if Activision Blizzard and Infinity Ward want to pack the game full of content that it can tweak and upgrade to keep fans occupied for two years, if not a lot longer.
As revealed at the Call of Duty Next event, MWII will feature a revamped Perk system.
The upcoming Call of Duty game isn't the only one to have this franchise staple. However, MWII is making noteworthy changes.
Here's a quick guide to help you understand the Perk system for Modern Warfare 2:
Base Perks (limited to two)
- Overkill - Lets you carry two Primary Weapons
- Double Time - Lets you crouch 30% faster and doubles sprint duration
- Battle Hardened - Grants immunity to Snapshop Grenades and minimizes effect of Flash, Stuns, EMPs, Gas Grenades, as well as Shock Sticks
- Scavengers - Lets you pick up ammo and knives from downed players
- E.O.D - Minimizes damage received from non-Killstreak explosives and resets the timer each time you pick up a live grenade
- Tracker - Lets you see enemy footprint trails, death markers, and prevents others from seeing your kill markers
- Pitcher - Improves equipment throw distance and lets you see the trajectory before throwing
- Extra Tactical - Lets you have an additional Tactical point
Bonus Perks (granted every four minutes)
- Resupply - Additional Lethal and your Equipment recharges over 25 seconds
- Spotter - This allows you to see through walls and highlight them for your team. This also lets you hack Claymores, Proximity Mines, C4, and Trophy Systems
- Cold-Blooded - Hides you from enemy targeting systems, including thermals
- Fast Hands - Reload, swap, and use equipment faster than usual
- Quick Fix - Your health regenerates everytime you kill an enemy and/or hold an objective
- Focus - Extended Hold Breath duration and minimizes flinch when aiming down sights
Ultimate Perks (granted every eight minutes)
- High Alert - Lets you know when an enemy player sees you first
- Ghost - Undetectable by UAVs, Portable Radars, and Heartbeat Sensors
- Hardline - Drops Killstreak cost by one kill and Scorestreak cost by 125
- Overclock - Allows you to store one more FIeld Upgrade charge and grants a 40% charge rate increase
- Survivor - Grants one self-revive per life via Last Stand
- Birds' Eye - UAV and Radar pings reveal enemy direction via the zoomed out minimap
The gist is that Modern Warfare II grants you four Perks in total: two Base, one Bonus, and one Ultimate. You can choose from pre-made Perk packages or create up to five.
As for the Bonus and the Ultimate Perk, you'll earn them every four and eight minutes, respectively. However, you can speed up your timers by killing enemies, getting assists, and completing objectives, among others. For example, you take one second off of your timer every ten points you get. The more enemies that you'll kill, the faster you'll activate Bonus and Ultimate Perks.
In other Call of Duty news, Activision Blizzard and Infinity Ward finally revealed the release date for Warzone 2. Also, PlayStation owners who pre-order Modern Warfare 2 will get exclusive content. Finally, Modern Warfare 2 will be getting new modes, including a third-person perspective mode, among others.