Kazuki Takahashi will always be remembered as the man who brought us the iconic Duel Monsters card game, Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game, and now, almost 25 years after its conception, Konami is bringing back some legendary cards from the original game.
Launched in 1999, the game will have its 25th anniversary in 2024, but Konami has decided to mark these celebrations earlier than expected by bringing back the very first Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Legendary Collection. Dubbed the Legendary Collection: 25th Anniversary Edition, the set will contain 6 Booster Packs and 6 Ultra Cards, as well as special variant cards of some of the most famous monsters from the Duel Monsters card game.
Besides the 6 Ultra Rare cards, which include the coveted original Egyptian God Card Promos, the 25th Anniversary Edition set will include a newly-created seventh card: The Quarter Century Secret Rare! One random version of this bonus card will be included in each pack of the set.
In summary, the Legendary Collection: 25th Anniversary Edition will contain:
- 1 pack of Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon
- 1 pack of Metal Raiders
- 1 pack of Spell Ruler
- 1 pack of Pharaoh’s Servant
- 1 pack of Dark Crisis
- 1 pack of Invasion of Chaos
- 1 Ultra Rare Obelisk the Tormentor card
- 1 Ultra Rare Slifer the Sky Dragon card
- 1 Ultra Rare The Winged Dragon of Ra card
- 1 Ultra Rare Blue-Eyes White Dragon card
- 1 Ultra Rare Dark Magician card
- 1 Ultra Rare Red-Eyes Black Dragon card
- 1 randomly-inserted Quarter Century Secret Rare version of 1 of the 6 aforementioned cards
The iconic card game was developed and published by Konami and currently holds the Guinness World Record for being the best-selling trading card game of all time, with more than 35 billion cards sold and over $9.64 billion in sales. Last year, a free-to-play digital game called Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel was released on PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.