The Call of Duty franchise has a tradition of allowing players to customize their weapons with camos. True to form, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare features this level of personalization, as players can unlock weapon camos by completing certain achievements provided in-game.
What Are The Different Kinds Of Camouflage?
The following are the main types of camouflage in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare:
- Spray Paint
Below are the mastery camouflage class:
- Gold camo
- Platinum camo
- Damascus camo
- Obsidian camo
How To Get The Main Camouflage
The ten main camouflages are obtained by increasing your Weapon's XP Level. Your Weapon XP Level increases by simply wielding these guns and killing targets.
Base camouflage should get unlocked in no time, once you reach a certain weapon level. Other variants of the same camo will be available through challenges that you need to complete, things like landing headshots for a set amount of times. These challenges are the same for all the weapon classes.
How To Get The Mastery Camouflage
- Gold Camo is made available when you can complete all of the camo challenges.
- Platinum camo is then unlocked if you have unlocked the Gold camo for the entire weapon class. So if you want platinum for the M4A1, you'll need to get gold for all the assault rifles.
- Damascus camo is unlocked if you can pull off the (very) difficult feat of gaining Platinum camo in every single gun in the game - not just class, but each of the guns!
- Finally, the Obsidian camo is unlocked by completing the kill challenges for the guns. These challenges for the Obsidian Camo are only available if you unlocked the Gold camo for that specific weapon.
Gold Camo Challenge List
To get to the other Mastery Camouflage, you need to pass through the Gold Camo challenges. Below are the lists of Gold Camo challenges:
|Assault Rifles||Kill 800 enemies|
|Assault Rifles||Kill 125 enemies with headshots|
|Assault Rifles||Get 160 kills while crouching|
|Assault Rifles||Get 75 hip fire kills|
|Assault Rifles||Get 100 longshot kills|
|Assault Rifles||Get 100 kills while mounted|
|Assault Rifles||Get 180 kills while using all attachment slots|
|Assault Rifles||Get 50 kills shortly after reloading|
|Assault Rifles||Get 110 kills with no attachments|
|Assault Rifles||Get a 3 killstreak 35 times|
|Submachine Guns||Kill 500 enemies|
|Submachine Guns||Kill 100 enemies with headshots|
|Submachine Guns||Get 110 kills while crouching|
|Submachine Guns||Get 100 hip fire kills|
|Submachine Guns||Get 50 longshot kills|
|Submachine Guns||Get 50 kills while mounted|
|Submachine Guns||Get 250 kills while using all attachment slots|
|Submachine Guns||Get 40 kills shortly after reloading|
|Submachine Guns||Get 75 kills with no attachments|
|Submachine Guns||Get a 3 killstreak 25 times|
|Light Machine Guns||Kill 525 enemies|
|Light Machine Guns||Kill 75 enemies with headshots|
|Light Machine Guns||Get 65 kills while crouching|
|Light Machine Guns||Get 45 hip fire kills|
|Light Machine Guns||Get 45 longshot kills|
|Light Machine Guns||Get 45 kills while mounted|
|Light Machine Guns||Get 180 kills while using all attachment slots|
|Light Machine Guns||Get 30 double kills|
|Light Machine Guns||Get 75 kills with no attachments|
|Light Machine Guns||Get a 3 killstreak 25 times|
|Marksmen Rifles||Kill 450 enemies|
|Marksmen Rifles||Kill 60 enemies with headshots|
|Marksmen Rifles||Get 50 kills while crouching|
|Marksmen Rifles||Get 50 enemies in one shot|
|Marksmen Rifles||Get 100 longshot kills|
|Marksmen Rifles||Get 100 kills while mounted|
|Marksmen Rifles||Get 180 kills while using all attachment slots|
|Marksmen Rifles||Get 50 kills shortly after reloading|
|Marksmen Rifles||Get 110 kills with no attachments|
|Marksmen Rifles||Get a 3 killstreak 35 times|
|Snipers||Kill 450 enemies|
|Snipers||Kill 60 enemies with headshots|
|Snipers||Get 50 kills while crouching|
|Snipers||Get 50 enemies in one shot|
|Snipers||Get 50 longshot kills|
|Snipers||Get 50 kills while mounted|
|Snipers||Get 150 kills while using all attachment slots|
|Snipers||Get 25 double kills|
|Snipers||Get 75 kills with no attachments|
|Snipers||Get a 3 killstreak with 25 times|
|Shotguns||Kill 400 enemies|
|Shotguns||Get 75 kills while crouching|
|Shotguns||Get 75 hip fire kills|
|Shotguns||Get 50 point-blank kills*|
|Shotguns||Get 50 longshot kills|
|Shotguns||Get 225 kills while using all attachment slots|
|Shotguns||Get 25 double kills|
|Shotguns||Get 30 kills shortly after reloading|
|Shotguns||Get 110 kills with no attachments|
|Shotguns||Get a 3 killstreak 30 times|
|Pistols||Kill 250 enemies|
|Pistols||Kill 50 enemies with headshots|
|Pistols||Get 40 kills while crouching|
|Pistols||Get 30 hip fire kills|
|Pistols||Get 30 longshot kills|
|Pistols||Get 25 double kills|
|Pistols||Get 110 kills while using all attachment slots|
|Pistols||Get 25 kills shortly after reloading|
|Pistols||Get 75 kills with no attachments|
|Pistols||Get a 3 killstreak 25 times|
|Launchers||Kill 125 enemies|
|Launchers||Kill 40 attackers|
|Launchers||Kill 40 defenders|
|Launchers||Destroy 75 aerial killstreaks|
|Launchers||Destroy 75 ground-based killstreaks|
|Launchers||Destroy 50 pieces of equipment|
|Launchers||Destroy 50 support killstreaks|
|Launchers||Destroy 50 killstreaks|
|Launchers||Get 50 kills using the Amped perk|
|Launchers||Destroy 50 vehicles|
|Melee||Get 200 kills|
|Melee||Get 50 kills while injured|
|Melee||Get 50 kills from behind|
|Melee||Get 30 using knife / 50 using the Riot Shield kills using dead silence|
|Melee||Get 50 kills while crouched|
|Melee||Get 25 kills near smoke or gas|
|Melee||Get 10 buzzkills|
|Melee||Complete 25 finishing moves|
|Melee||Get a 3 kill streak 10 times with a knife / 2 kill streak 25 times using the Riot Shield|
|Melee||Get 25 double kills using a knife|
|Melee||Get a 3 kill streak once|
* Point-blank is 0.5m in distance.
How to Unlock the Damascus Camouflage
The Damascus Camo is a challenging thing to unlock. It is only unlocked by achieving every single camouflage for each weapon. There are a total of 39 guns for you to unlock the camouflage on individually first.
In effect, this means you must get Platinum on each weapon class. You must first unlock the Platinum Camo on all primary weapons from Assault Rifles to Submachine Guns, from Light Machine Guns to Marksmen Rifles, from Snipers to Shotguns, and including all secondary weapons: Pistols, Launchers, and Melee.
Below are some tips for you if you want to unlock the Damascus as quickly as possible.
- Mix up your usage to avoid fatigue. You can only go so far when you are liking what you are doing. It takes a day to unlock the Gold Camo of a single weapon, so you better keep the variety!
- Take all the opportunities you can in using the melee weapons as they are harder to level up.
- Choose the game modes that can take advantage of a specific weapon and challenge. Ground War allows for killstreaks and fast-paced gameplay. This is the game mode that will help you boost your weapon.
- Some attachments are tailor-made for certain challenges, so watch out for those.
- DLC weapons do not need to be Gold in order to get the Damascus.
How To Unlock the Completionist Obsidian Camo
The ultimate Completionist Camo is the Obsidian Camo, a pitch-black and solid-looking camouflage.
A full list of challenges for Obsidian is below.
- Assault Rifles: Get 15 kills in a single match 200 times.
- SMGs: Get 15 kills in a single match 150 times.
- LMGs: Get 15 kills in a single match 150 times.
- Shotguns: Get 15 kills in a single match 150 times.
- Sniper Rifles: Get 15 kills in a single match 125 times.
- Marksman Rifles: Get 15 kills in a single match 125 times.
- Pistols: Get 15 kills in a single match 100 times.
- Riot Shield: Get 750 kills.
- Knife: Get 10 kills in a match 125 times.
- RPG-7: Get 5 kills in a match 150 times.
- PILA, Joker, and STRELA-P: Destroy a vehicle or killstreak 100 times.
Note that the match requirement only means that you must gain the multiple of the amount needed in a single match. But, for example, if you are required to get 30 kills in a single match and you get 60, the game will treat it as two matches.
Below are the tips to get the Obisidian Camo efficiently,
- Equip yourself according to the game mode and the challenge you are targeting.
- Always play for the win. This means you will always play according to the objectives. The camo unlocks are meant to be incidental from playing the game. Do not treat this as a grind and you will have a blast while unlocking camos.
- Killing using frags does not count to your killstreak for the purpose of unlocking the camos.
Many features make up a Call of Duty game, features such as create-a-class, killstreaks, etc. However, one of the most unique and iconic features...