The Sims franchise has been around for a long while, easily outlasting entire console generations and other franchises. The staple of the experience has always been 'cheat code' fun. A money cheat was present since the first game and was always a step between the base gameplay and the total madness of some other cheats.
The original Sims came out over twenty years ago and in that era, cheat codes were considered a natural part of the game. For some, it was a legitimate tool to use to beat the game, while others used it in order to experience a game differently and Sims fans definitely fall into the latter category.
The Sims 4 came out in 2014 for PC and in 2017 for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and below, you'll find the cheat codes for all of those, as well as some explanations as to what those codes actually do.
The Sims 4 Cheat Codes
Access the Console
In the past, it was a little trickier to get into the console in order to enable cheats, but nowadays it's as simple as pressing Ctrl + Shift + C. If you're playing Sims 4 on a macOS, you'll want to press Command + Shift + C, and if you're playing on consoles you'll press and hold all shoulder buttons at the same time. This means holding LB, LT, RB, and RT buttons on Xbox One and holding L1, L2, R1, R2 buttons if you're on a PlayStation 4.
After you've activated the cheats console, you'll see an input field appear in the top-left corner of your screen. In there, you will type in the cheat code you want and then press Enter on PC and Mac or simply confirm the input on consoles.
Before typing in any cheat codes, you should type in testingcheats true and although there are some that will work without it, it's the safest option to first type that it. After doing that, you will have access to Shift + Click cheats which enable you to hold down the Shift button and click on the Sim you want to modify. To access this on consoles use X + O on the PS4 and A + B on the Xbox One.
Below are some fun things you can do with the Shift + Click:
- Shift-click on the Sim whose needs you want to change and select Cheat Need then Make Happy to improve their mood.
- If you select Cheat Need and then Disable Need Decay, you'll be able to lock the Sim in their current state.
- Shift-clicking on a Sim and then choosing Reset Object will reset their status.
- Shift-click on an area of the ground then select Teleport Sim to teleport a Sim to that location.
- Shift-click on a Sim then select Modify in CAS to edit them in Create-a-Sim. Be warned though that you can't change their name and inherited traits.
- Shift-click on an object then choose Reset Object to reset its status.
- Shift-click on an object then select either Make Dirty or Make Clean to change the status of that object.
The Sims 4 Money Cheat Codes
These are probably the most used ones, so let's get right to them:
- rosebud - adds 1,000 simoleons to your balance
- kaching - adds 1,000 simoleons to your balance
- motherlode - adds 50,000 simoleons to your balance
- Money X - replace X with a number to set an exact amount of simoleons for your household
- FreeRealEstate On - make all neighbourhood lots free
- FreeRealEstate Off - return original prices
- household.autopay_bills true - turn your household bills off
- household.autopay_bills false - turn household bills on again
Friendship And Romance Cheats
- relationships.create_friends_for_sim - create a new Sim that is already friends with you
- relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others - introduces your Sim to all of their neighbors
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] X LTR_Friendship_Main - replace X with the value to change the friendship level between the two named Sims, for example: 100 increases friendship, while -100 decreases it
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] X LTR_Romance_Main - replace X with the value to change the romance level between the two named Sims, for example: 100 increases romance, while -100 decreases it
Needs And Skills Cheats
- sims.fill_all_commodities - fills all motives
- fillmotive motive_bladder - fills specific motive
- fillmotive motive_energy - fills specific motive
- fillmotive motive_fun - fills specific motive
- fillmotive motive_hunger - fills specific motive
- fillmotive motive_hygiene - fills specific motive
- fillmotive motive_social - fills specific motive
- sims.give_satisfaction_points X - replace X with the number of satisfaction points to give your Sim.
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone - complete your Sim's current aspiration goal.
- stats.set_skill_level [Skill Name] X - replace X with 1-10 (10 = max) to set your Sim's skill level, and swap [Skill Name] for any of the following skills:
- death.toggle true - Sims become immortal
- death.toggle false - Sims are mortal again
- sims.add_buff Ghostly - make your Sim a ghost, lasts four in-game hours
These are really useful when building and re-designing your Sim's house. There's actually a community that plays Sims 4 purely for the building experience and if you're a part of this community, then these cheat codes are an absolute must.
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement - unlock special career items in building mode
- bb.showhiddenobjects - show hidden items in build/buy catalog that you usually wouldn't have access to
- bb.enablefreebuild - build items anywhere you like
- bb.moveobjects on - place objects anywhere you want, including locations the grid won't allow
General Word And UI Cheats
- resetsim [SimFirstName] [SimLastName] - reset the named Sim if they've become stuck
- headlineeffects on - enable the headline effects above Sims such as plumbobs and speech bubbles
- headlineeffects off - disable the headline effects
- hovereffects on - enable the hover effects when you cursor over a Sim
- hovereffects off - disable the hover effects
- fullscreenToggle - switch the game between fullscreen and windowed mode
- fps on - turn on the FPS display in the corner of the screen
- fps off - turn off the FPS display
With the release of the Vampire expansion in 2017, you got the option of turning your Sim into a vampire. Here are some useful cheats to enjoy this expansion:
- stats.set_stat commodity_BecomingVampire 2160 - Change the Sim in a few days.
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire - turn a sim immediately into a vampire.
- traits.remove_trait trait_OccultVampire - Turn a sim back to normal.