Pokemon Unite is a MOBA game developed by Tencent and The Pokemon Company. Although the release date is not confirmed yet, many suspect that the game will be released this year. Pokemon Unite has crossplay and will be released on Android, iOS, and Switch. The game is Free-to-play but will contain in-game purchases. This article will discuss the leaked characters, map, platform, evolution and gameplay mechanics of Pokemon Unite.
Pokemon Unite is similar to most MOBA games where you play a team of five against another team, but there are a few unique mechanics in this game, such as:
- You team up with five players to compete with the opposing team and catch Pokemon around the map. Deposit the Pokemons in the goals to gain points. The team with the most points win.
- There are no type advantages and everything has the same effects.
- Battling other players and catching different Pokemons give you experience and lets you evolve, giving new moves to choose from.
- You can choose which Pokemon to play as, and each Pokemon is suitable for different roles.
- Reaching High levels gives you a powerful Unite move.
- You can interrupt other players whenever they try to score and vice versa.
- The last two minutes doubles the score you gain.
The Map of Pokemon Unite looks the same as most MOBA maps. This game was made in collaboration with Tencent, which is a holding company of games like League of Legends. Here are some features of the Pokemon Unite Map.
- Unlike most MOBA maps, there is no Mid or Central Lane, instead, it has an open arena where you can catch Pokemons and battle.
- There are control points in the map just like turrets in most MOBA games, and there is another control point in the opponent's base.
- The control points are not turrets, instead, they are goals where you can deposit the Pokemon you catch for points.
- You can destroy the goals of your opponent if you score in them enough.
- The goals on each map heals you when you stand inside of them.
- Each team has a total of five goals on their side.
First Playable Characters
Below are some of the leaked playable characters in the game. You can play as these Pokemons and more characters will be revealed for the game in time.
- Charizard: According to the trailer and leaks, you begin as Charmander and leveling up evolves you into Charmeleon and Charizard.
- Blastoise: Choosing Blastoise starts you off as Squirtle who will gradually evolve into Wartortle and Blastoise.
- Venusaur: You will control Bulbasaur at the start of the game and you can evolve to Ivysaur and finally Venusaur.
- Machamp: Choosing Machamp in the selection screen starts you off as Machop and evolves into Machoke and Machamp.
- Lucario: It seems that choosing Lucario does not start you off as Riolu. This character is like Pikachu who does not evolve into Raichu or start as Pichu.
- Alolan Ninetales
How do you Evolve?
Evolving works a little bit different in Pokemon Unite. You choose the final evolution of the Pokemon in the character selection and start as its starter form. As you catch more Pokemon and gain more experience, your Pokemon also evolves and get new skills. A great example would be choosing Blastoise in the selection screen and starting the game as Squirtle. The only exception to this rule seems to be Pikachu who does not seem to evolve into Raichu or start as Pichu.
Information leaks have revealed that the game will be available on iOS, Android and Switch. Pokemon Unite also features crossplay, letting you play with your friends on different platforms. The game will be free to start with, but will include in-game purchase. Daily log-in bonuses, free character trials, in-game currency and costumes for your Pokemon are also included. Each character will have Feature costumes that you can buy for a fee.
Some of the leaks include Lucario's costume inspired by the Pokemon movie 'Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew'. The recent leak also shows that Crust and Cramorant will be playable in the game. Depending on your character, you can carry different items and choose from a different array of abilities.
Pokemon Unite is a MOBA team strategy game developed by Tencent and the Pokemon Company. The map of Pokemon Unite is heavily inspired by most MOBA games with a few exceptions. Pokemon Unite does not have a Mid or Center lane and only features a huge arena where players can catch Pokemon. The goal of the game is to catch as many Pokemon as possible and deposit them in the Goals, in order to earn points.
The team with the most points before the timer ends wins the game. You will start as the starter form of your chosen Pokemon and evolve as you earn more EXP and level up. Another unique feature of Pokemon Unite is that you get healed whenever you stand in your Goal. Any points scored in the last two minutes will be doubled and you can destroy your enemy's Goal by scoring in them enough. There are no official release date for the Pokemon Unite yet but many believe that it will be released this year.
The Pokemon Company and Niantic are teaming up together to celebrate both the 5th anniversary of Pokemon Go and the 25th anniversary of the...
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the original Pokemon titles, Pokemon Red and Green, which released way back in 1996 in Japan, Pokemon Company...