Now, we know where Stranger Things Season 4 will likely land in the record books.
According to the "official" numbers, viewers have ventured into the Upside Down for a total of over 1.26 billion hours over the show's first 28 days of streaming. Because of this, the sci-fi series just the second show on Netflix to have more than a billion hours viewed over its initial 28-day period. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Stranger Things season 4 will beat Squid Game. The Korean survival drama series still leads by nearly 400 million hours. But, at the same time, we can't count Stranger Things out just yet.
Here's the complete list of Netflix's 15 most-watched shows (first 28 days of release) of all time:
- Squid Game season 1: 1.65 billion hours
- Stranger Things season 4: 1.26 billion hours
- Money Heist part 5: 792.2 million hours
- Bridgerton season 2: 656.2 million hours
- Bridgerton season 1: 625.5 million hours
- Money Heist part 4: 619 million hours
- Stranger Things season 3: 582.1 million hours
- Lucifer season 5: 569.5 million hours
- All of Us Are Dead season 1: 560.8 million hours
- The Witcher season 1: 541 million hours
- Inventing Anna: 511.9 million hours
- 13 Reasons Why season 2: 496.1 million hours
- Ozark season 4: 491.1 million hours
- The Witcher season 2: 484.3 million hours
- 13 Reasons Why season 1: 475.6 million hours
@xfire.com Stranger Things Season 4 widens gap as the most-watched English series on Netflix#StrangerThingsSeason4 #mostwatchedseries #Netflix ♬ original sound - Xfire.com
Speaking of Stranger Things, the showrunners have confirmed that the final season will not have a similarly lengthy runtime. Netflix also launched a Stranger Things NFT. Finally, even if Stranger Things doesn't beat Squid Game, it's still the only show to take down Netflix for a while after it premiered.