Capcom's decision to launch a Resident Evil Village demo earlier this year was met with a lot of praise. Unfortunately, making the earlier demo exclusive to the PS5 at a time when getting your hands on the next-generation PlayStation was admittedly a bit difficult to understand. But, while that was the case then, Capcom seems intent to rectify it with a more inclusive demo this time around.
Just in case you missed the latest happenings, Capcom just concluded their most recent Resident Evil showcase by announcing a bunch of new demos for their upcoming AAA survival horror title.
Scroll down below to learn more about everything there is to know about the second Resident Evil Village demo.
What Are The Times and Schedule of the New Resident Evil Village Demo?
One thing you can't deny is that Capcom could have handled explaining the times and schedule of the new Resident Evil Demo better.
Here's a basic rundown of how it works:
- There is only one new demo available, which will let you explore the castle areas and the village featured in Resident Evil Village
- Capcom is going to make the new Resident Evil Village demo available on all platforms. This includes the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, the Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, the Google Stadia, as well as the PC via Steam.
- Capcom will make the Resident Evil Village demo available for PS5 and PS4 owners earlier, splitting the Village and Castle area demos into two. On the weekends of April 17th, PS4 and PS5 owners will have access to the Village demo. Meanwhile, on the weekends of April 24, PS4 and PS5 owners will have access to the Castle area demo
- Access and playtime for the demos will be limited.
- Everyone on all platforms will have a chance to pre-load the demos ahead of their announced times and schedule.
- Capcom is making the Resident Evil Village demo on all platforms available for free. They're not exclusive to those who pre-ordered Resident Evil Village nor will it require any kind of signing in or up for a particular subscription or service.
When Is The Resident Evil Village Demo Available on the PS4 and PS5?
In total, PlayStation owners will have three chances to enjoy the new Resident Evil Village demo. During the first two times, PlayStation owners will be limited to visiting only the Village and Castle areas in the game for thirty minutes each during an eight-hour period. Meanwhile, for the third demo period, PlayStation owners will be able to sample the Resident Evil Village demo as its made available across all platforms.
The Village part of the Resident Evil Village demo will go live during the following days and times:
- West Coast US: April 17th, 5 pm to April 18th, 1 am (PDT)
- East Coast US: April 17th, 8 pm to April 18th, 4 am (EDT)
- UK: April 18th, 6 pm to April 19th, 2 am (BST)
- Europe: April 18th, 7 pm to April 19th, 3 am (CEST)
Meanwhile, the Castle part of the Resident Evil Village demo will follow the times and days as stated below:
- West Coast US: April 24th, 5 pm to April 25th, 1 am (PDT)
- East Coast US: April 24th, 8 pm to April 25th, 4 am (EDT)
- UK: April 25th, 6 pm to April 26th, 2 am (BST)
- Europe: April 25th, 7 pm to April 26th, 3 am (CEST)
For both instances of the Resident Evil Village demo, PS4 and PS5 owners will have a chance to pre-load the game 24-48 hours before their actual schedule.
When Will the Resident Evil Village Demo Be Available on Other Platforms?
The following weekend, after the Castle part of the Resident Evil Village demo is released on the PS4 and PS5, everyone else will have a chance to explore both the Village and Castle areas of the game in the all-platform version of the demo.
As per the latest update, the all-platform Resident Evil Village demo will run until May 10 and give players a 60-minute runtime.
- UK: 1 am, May 2nd (BST)
- Europe: 2 am, May 2nd (CEST)
- East Coast US: 8 pm, May 1st (EDT)
- West Coast US: 5 pm, May 1st (PDT)
TLDR; Capcom made sure to make everybody happy with the new Resident Evil Village demo. However, you can't deny that anyone who doesn't own a PS4 or PS5 has the right to feel envious of those who do because of how many chances they'll have to play the Resident Evil Village demo.
The good news is that, if you end up missing out on the times and dates of the Resident Evil Village demo, you won't have to wait too long for the game to release.
Capcom is expected to release Resident Evil Village on May 7 on all platforms.