The Octave of Maushiro is the second part of the "Through the Mist" questline. You can only unlock this quest after completing the "A Particularly Particular Author" quest. Just like the first part, Sumida will be the one who gives you the quest. However, you have to wait until the server resets after completing the "A Particularly Particular Author" quest before you can start the Octave of Maushiro quest.
Beginning the Quest
After the server resets, go back to Sumida in Inazuma City. She has gathered all the adventurers that were affected by the Maushiro incident. All of them will share what they have experienced on Tsurumi Island and talk about how their memory is blurry. Sumida asks you once more to travel to Tsurumi Island and get a hold of the Maushiro. Teleport back to the Tsurumi Island using the Statue of Seven waypoint.
Travel to Tsurumi Island
After teleporting to Tsurumi Island, you will find that the fog surrounding the island is back. Go through the gate and talk to Ruu once again. A small cutscene will occur, explaining the origins of the Maushiro. After this, you will obtain the Peculiar Pinion gadget, and you can use this gadget to unlock other areas of Tsurumi Island that were not available before.
Octave of Maushiro
Equip the Peculiar Pinion gadget in your inventory and follow Ruu. Use your Peculiar Pinion gadget on the Thunderbird statue to reveal an illusion about the Kama. Talk to the Illusion to continue with the quest. Afterward, look for the stuff that the Kama buried. Dig the ground to find the Maushiro buried near the tree. Teleport to the Moshiri Ceremonial Site waypoint.
Go to the Ceremonial Site
Go back to the Ceremonial Site and you'll see that the people from before are back. You need to listen to the conversations of the people to continue with the quest. Below are the three NPCs you have to talk to.
- Listen in to Mata and Chise talking about the Thunderbird and Ruu, who are currently missing.
- Go talk to Kito and Kana who talk about the Murals on the Island.
- Listen in to Abe and Una talking about the Sea of Fog.
Ruu is currently missing and you have to look for him on the island. Go to the Wakukau Shoal, which is located to the south of the Moshiri Ceremonial Site.
Drop down the cliff and go to the quest area. You will find another Thunderbird statue in this area. Use your Peculiar Pinion gadget on the statue and it will reveal an illusion of Ipe. He seems to be talking to someone about fishing. After the dialogue ends, you will see a series of stones in the area and you have to solve the puzzle of the stones to proceed with the quest.
Solve the Mystery of the Stones
There are currently 5 stones in the area and there is a different symbol engraved on each stone. Use your Peculiar Pinion gadget on the Thunderbird Statue to find an Electro Seelie. Follow the Seelie to the broken statue and towards the monster camp. Keep following the Seelie until it leads you to another Thunderbird Statue. Use your Peculiar Pinion gadget on the Thunderbird statue again and a series of symbols will appear on the mountain behind the statue.
The sequence of these symbols is key to solving the Mystery of the Stones from earlier. Go back to the Mysterious Stones from earlier and use an Electro character.
- Hit the 4th stone from the left first with an Electro attack.
- Hit the 5th stone from the left second.
- Attack the 2nd stone from the left third.
- Attack the 3rd stone from the left next.
- Lastly, attack the 1st stone from the left.
If you forgot the sequence of the symbols, they can be seen on the mountain to your right, simply walk towards the water until you can see the symbols on the mountain. After completing the puzzle, more Illusions will appear.
Go to Oina Beach
After the illusions are done talking, you must go to Oina Beach next. Teleport to the Autake Plains waypoint. Go to the quest area and you will find a Pentagon drawn on the ground. Use your Peculiar Pinion gadget on the Thunderbird Statue here and more Illusions will appear. Go and talk to the Illusions of Sayu and Kama. Another stone puzzle will appear and you need to solve it once again. To solve this puzzle, the symbol of the stones from the outside should match the symbol of the stones on the inside.
- Move the stone with the triangle symbol towards the stone with a circle and "U" symbol. Move the same triangle stone towards the direction of the stone with the triangle symbol.
- Move the stone with a circle and "U" symbol inwards.
- Move the stone with two arrowheads symbol towards the stone with the same symbol.
- Move the stone with a circle and dot symbol inwards.
- Lastly, Move the stone with a crescent symbol inwards.
After solving the puzzle, the illusions will appear once again, with the Illusion of Sayo talking to Ruu, asking him to travel outside the island with her.
Go to the Autake Plains
Teleport to the Autake Plains waypoint and go to the quest area. You will find a Thunderbird Statue here. Use your Peculiar Pinion gadget on the statue to make the Illusions appear. Ruu will appear and you have to use your Peculiar Pinion gadget on the Thunderbird Statue next to the lamp. You need to guide 3 Seelies in the area to complete the puzzle. Make sure to use an Electro character to light up the lamp in the area and avoid getting lost in the fog.
- The first Seelie is right next to the Thunderbird statue. Follow it until it leads you to the missing stone. Be careful because enemies will spawn on the area where the stone is located.
- The second Seelie is located on the left of the Thunderbird Statue. Follow the Seelie and make sure to use an Electro character to light up the lamp and avoid getting lost in the fog. The missing stone is located near a tree, hidden by a bush.
- The last Seelie is hovering on top of a broken pillar near the Statue. Follow it up the stairs to pick up the last missing stone. Be careful, you will encounter a Ruin Guard in this area.
After picking up all the 3 stones, go back to the Thunderbird Statue and return the missing stones to their place, where the Seelie is hovering. You do not need to return the stones in any particular order as long as you return the 3 stones in the statue.
After returning the stone to their place, a series of symbols will appear on the stone pillar behind the statue. You need to activate the stones with the symbols according to the symbols on the pillar. Use an Electro character like Fischl or Lisa and hit the stones in the following order:
- Hit the stone in the middle of the area first, which is located in front of the Thunderbird Statue.
- Attack the stone with the circle and dot symbol next, which is located on the right of the first stone that you attacked.
- Attack the stone with the crescent symbol, which is located on the left of the first stone you attacked.
- Hit the stone with a torch-like symbol on the rightmost side of the statue.
- Lastly, hit the stone with the two arrowheads symbol.
Go back to the Ceremonial Site
After completing the puzzle, an illusion will briefly appear, with the Thunderbird talking to someone. Teleport to the Moshiri Ceremonial Site waypoint and go back to the Ceremonial Site. A cutscene will occur and all the people on the site will have vanished once again, including Ruu. Teleport back to the Inazuma City and talk to Sumida. Paimon will stop you momentarily to check if you still have the Maushiro. Give the Maushiro to Sumida to complete the world quest.
Sumida will ask you to continue exploring the Tsurumi Island for her upcoming book. However, you need to wait for the daily reset to unlock the next part of the "Through the Mist" quest. Below are the rewards you can get for completing the Octave of Maushiro World Quest.
- 450 Adventurer's EXP
- 50,000 Mora
- 50 Primogems
- 5 Hero's Wit
- 4 Mystic Enhancement Ore
The "Octave of the Maushiro" quest is the second part of the questline called "Through the Mist". Sumida will ask you to go back to Tsurumi Island and retrieve the Maushiro once again. As you explore the island and solve the puzzles, you will find Illusions that tell the story of the Island. Ruu will ask you to go back to the Ceremonial Site but he is nowhere to be seen. After completing the quest, Sumida will ask you to continue exploring the Tsurumi Island for her novel.