WWE brought back Crown Jewel live from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, on Saturday, and put on a show.
For starters, there was the Match of the Year frontrunner that saw Logan Paul threaten the WWE universal champion, Roman Reigns, and his years-long reign. But, that's not all, as the entire event was quite noteworthy across the card.
The Maverick had a lot to prove at WWE Crown Jewel and he delivered. The polarizing pop culture figure has taken all the negativity thrown at him and gave us plenty of memorable moments in return.
After breaking out at this year's WrestleMania and SummerSlam, Paul went up against the industry's top star and soared, literally and figuratively. Paul showcased the showmanship that eludes even some of wrestling's most prized veterans, carrying the match as if he was the veteran.
It wouldn't surprise us if the WWE brings the elder Paul back for another go before the year ends and much more regularly thereafter.
Here's a quick recap of how all the matches went at the 2022 WWE Crown Jewel:
- Reigns vs. Paul (Undisputed WWE Universal Championship) - Roman Reigns
- The O.C. vs. The Judgment Day - The Judgment Day
- Bobby Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar - Brock Lesnar
- Karrion Kross vs. Drew McIntyre - Drew McIntyre
- Braun Strowman vs. Omos - Braun Strowman
- Bianca Belair vs. Bayley (Raw Women's Championship) - Bianca Belair
- The Usos vs. The Brawling Brutes (Undisputed Tag Team Championships) - The Usos
- Asuka and Alexa Bliss vs. Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky (WWE Women's Tag Team Championships) - Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky
Reigns has served as a heel for much of his current run as he cements himself as one of the greatest champions of all time. He's not a conventional heel nor is he a babyface either. He is exactly who he needs to be when he needs to be. Commentaries have constantly talked up Reigns as the GOAT in recent years. All Reigns has done during this time is prove doubters wrong and live up to expectations if not exceed all of them. Reigns has embraced being the big bad in wrestling's biggest promotion and the WWE has been all the better for it.
We know that the word GOAT is thrown away often when people talk about Reigns, but it's only a matter of time before it becomes undisputed.
Fingers crossed, Reigns' current trajectory sees him clash against The Rock at WrestleMania 39.