Welcome to another edition of "let's try and guess a different song based on a second of music," or, as it is named, Heardle.
Just like New York Times' Wordle, Heardle involves six tries until you're out. However, what makes Heardle particularly enjoyable is that music many songs sound similar. This makes it much more challenging to get the answer right. At the same time, it's also more rewarding once you get to listen to the entire song if you're correct. The latest Heardle might even help you expand your music tastes by introducing you to a song that you've never heard of before, but we find that highly unlike.
For Heardle #84, the song is something that older Millenials likely listened to growing up.
Of course, that isn't the most telling clue now, is it?
Here are clues to help you figure out the Heardle of the day for May 20:
- According to one of the song's co-writer, the song pays homage to the funk era of the 1960s.
- The song was nominated for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration at the 2003 Grammy Awards.
- The artist left his former singing group earlier the same year as the song came out.
- The release marked the start of the singer's time as a solo star.
- American hip-hop duo, Clipse, was featured in the song.
Are you still trying to guess the right answer to Heardle #84? Don't worry, we'll give you more time.
However, if you're starting to run out of tries, you might want to scroll below the following image:
The answer to Heardle #84 is Like I Love You by Justin Timberlake.