Populous: The Beginning
Purchase this PS one® Classic and play it on both your PS3™ and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems!
Use your power and magic as a shaman to build armies, unleash awesome spells, and conquer all of the worlds in the solar system in this real-time strategy game sequel to the popular "god game" series.
Download this PS one® Classic game today and conquer the solar system to become a god!
Transferring to a PSP® system from your PS3™ system:
You must be signed into the PlayStation®Network account that originally purchased the game. You must have at least 250 MB free on your Memory Stick Duo™. Connect your PSP® system to your PS3™ system with a USB cable and switch your PSP® system to USB Mode. Highlight the game on the PS3™ XMB™, press the Δ button and select Copy.
Visuals and other features
PC Store Customers:
Log into your PlayStation®Network account that you originally used to purchased the game. Then, download the game from your “Download List” in the PlayStation®Store onto your PS3™ system.
This title has been converted from the original PlayStation® disc to the PSP® and the PS3™ systems. Consequently, there may be times where the title plays differently from the PlayStation® disc version, or where some features may not function properly. This version does not support PlayStation® peripherals (controller, memory card, multitap, etc.), therefore functionalities such as multiplayer, versus, and co-op modes are not available.
Purchase indicates acceptance of the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service/User Agreement and this item's use restrictions. If you do not wish to accept all these terms, do not purchase this item. One-time license fee for downloads to up to 2 console systems and 2 portable systems that are associated with the purchasing account.
"PlayStation", "PS" Family logo, and "PSP" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Nov 30, 1998
- CPU: 1.8 GHz
- RAM: 512 MB
- GPU: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
- HDD: 2 GB
- Populous: The Beginning was the first entry in the series to use 3D computer graphics.
- Populous: The Beginning adopts elements of real-time strategy games.
- The player controls a Shaman trying to become one, and directly controls the actions of followers, by ordering them to build structures or attack enemies.
- Extensive support for 3D acceleration enables the player to view the game in 16-bit or 32-bit colour.
- The most basic unit is the Brave.
- There are twenty-six spells in total, which are slowly learned throughout the campaign.
- Populous: The Beginning allows for a maximum game size of four players playing against each other.
- Populous: The Beginning takes place before the first two games in the series in a planetary system of twenty-five unnamed planets.
- The player’s goal as Shaman is to become a deity.
Total War: THREE KINGDOMS
The year is 190CE. China is in turmoil. The Han Dynasty crumbles before the child-emperor. He is bu...
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization is a remake of the famous turn-based strategy game S...
Pokémon Sun, Moon
Embark on a new adventure as a Pokémon Trainer and catch, battle, and trade all-new Pokémon on th...
Samus’ story continues after the events of the Metroid™ Fusion game when she descends upon plane...
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ – one of the most critically acclaimed games ever made...
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Kidnapped. Imprisoned. Tortured. The wizard Irenicus holds you captive in his stronghold, attempting...
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect II is a sequel to Mass Effect one, following the story of Captain Shepard in his or her ...
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The fifth game in the series, Skyrim takes us on a journey through the coldest region of Cyrodiil. O...
Chrono Cross (クロノ・クロス, Kurono Kurosu) is a 1999 role-playing video game developed and ...