Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes is an RTS game set during the WWII, featuring an extensive single-player campaign and various multiplayer modes. One of the fundamental differences from other strategies of the time is the dynamic environment and complete destruction of almost any object on the map.
The game starts with the invasion of Normandy by the Allied forces and leads through Europe. The almost cinematic experience of every battle allows players to immerse in the darkest hours of humankind fully. The warfare itself in the game is exceptionally refined, featuring cover systems and different damage types, making players plan their movements, know their enemies and know themselves. However, not every battle is won by plans, and thus, reaction to the surroundings also plays a significant role.
Visuals and other features
Company of Heroes successfully reimagined how WWII RTS should look like and play like, with its different squad compositions, various routes to be taken, and new challenges in the form of multiplayer battles with players who will try to outcompete you, outplay you and overrun your forces.
Sep 11, 2006
- CPU: 2.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent or AMD Athlon XP or equivalent
- RAM: 512 MB
- GPU: DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent and latest manufacturer drivers
- HDD: 9 GB
- CPU: 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
- RAM: 1 MB
- GPU: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or better
- HDD: 5 GB
- Company of Heroes is set during the Second World War and contains two playable factions.
- In the single-player campaign the player commands two U.S. military units during the Battle of Normandy (Operation Overlord) and the liberation of France (Operation Cobra).
- Company of Heroes allows multiplayer matches of 1-8 players via LAN or the Internet.
- Company of Heroes allows players to fight as both the Allied and Axis forces in multiplayer matches.
- These games focus on controlling several victory points around the middle of the map.
- Annihilation games lack the victory points of the VPC game mode.
- Players collect three resources: manpower, munitions, and fuel.
- Company of Heroes received widespread acclaim, winning multiple awards for the best strategy game of the year, and being considered one of the best video games ever made.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Purchase this PS one® Classic and play it on both your PS3™ and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) sys...
Medieval 2: Total War
Medieval 2: Total War is a strategy game developed by Creative Assembly. It was originally released ...
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 is a tactical RPG in the science-fictional setting. The sequel to Wa...
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
The sixth installment in Sid Meier’s Civilization series. Gameplay Like in all previous Civiliz...
Master of Orion 2: Battle at Antares
Forge an empire in a universe where population growth is stripping away planetary resources. Coloniz...
Sid Meier's Civilization IV
As with the rest of Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the player controls a real historical civiliz...
Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer (abbreviated as C&C or CnC) is a real-time strategy (RTS) video game franc...
Sid Meier's Civilization II is a turn-based strategy video game in the Civilization series, develope...
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Kidnapped. Imprisoned. Tortured. The wizard Irenicus holds you captive in his stronghold, attempting...