Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: World at War is a first-person shooter set during World War II and based on several historical battles. The action switches between three playable characters and covers the Pacific Theater and Eastern Front. The story begins with U.S. Marine Private C. Miller who is captured by the Japanese and waits for execution. Later it jumps over war theaters and the timeline, skipping entire months.
The battles in World at War are quite realistic, with the maximum of two weapons you can carry plus hand grenades. AI allies fight alongside to you, and there's also a cover system that helps to restore health and complete stealthy missions. The variety of levels includes PBY missions, sniper tasks, and sea battles.
World at War is the first game of the franchise to introduce Nazi Zombies mode - a cooperative mini-game where 2 to 4 players fight endless hordes of zombies. While the area cover in this mode is quite small, it was expanded by the World at War map packs.
Release DateNov 11, 2008
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 / AMD 64 3200+
- GPU: Shader 3.0 or better, 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
- RAM: 512MB RAM (XP)/1GB RAM (Vista)
- HDD: 8 GB
- It was the first game in the series to feature the zombies mode featured in later sequels.
- There is one campaign in the game divided into two: the American campaign and the Soviet campaign.
- The single-player campaign includes thirteen hidden “death cards”, denoted by playing cards attached to makeshift war graves.
- A new feature in Call of Duty: World at War is to play the campaign with other players, in “Cooperative Campaign” and “Competitive Co-op”.
- Call of Duty: World at War has the same multiplayer features as Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- World at War had 13 multiplayer maps plus a zombie map when it came out, a free multiplayer map was given later within a patch, and three map packs each containing three new multiplayer maps and a free zombie map resulting in a total of 23 Multiplayer maps and 4 zombie maps.
Game EngineIW 3.0
Battlefield 2 is an action-shooter game developed by Digital Illusions. It came out on 21-06-2005. I...
Battlefield™ 2042 is a first-person shooter that marks the return to the iconic all-out warfare of...
Thirteenth in a row the main game of the series Call of Duty The single player campaign of this g...
Continuing the science fiction theme from Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty: Black Ops III ta...
Call of Duty: Black Ops returns... but this time with a Cold War flavor. The direct sequel to the 20...
Battlefield Bad Company is unique in the series "Battlefield" in that it features a full single-play...
Battlefield Vietnam is an action-shooter game developed by Digital Illusions Canada. It came out on ...
It's time to do your part in the action packed battles of the World War II Pacific campaign! Pick yo...
The eighth Call of Duty game overall is the sequel to Modern Warfare 2 and is set in an alternate re...
The eleventh game in the Battlefield series, a direct sequel to Battlefield 2. You can play for 4 c...