Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
If Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II left the story of Task Force 141 hanging, then Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 brings it to an explosive conclusion. This direct sequel to Modern Warfare II, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 continues the conflict between the specialist operatives, such as Captain John Price, Nikolai, and Captain "Soap" MacTavish, with the terrorist group calling themselves the Ultranationalists led by Vladimir Makarov. A new operative, Yuri from the Russian Spetsnaz, joins the fight in this eighth installment of the popular Call of Duty franchise.
Plot and location
The game is set just hours after the events of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance (on the Nintendo DS, which takes place between Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3).
In the campaign mode, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 sees the battered group of Task Force 141 taking the fight to the Russian terrorist cells of the Ultranationalists. The stakes are high as Makarov intends to light the fire of World War III across the globe.
Some new gameplay elements in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare include the Survival mode, where players challenge themselves to endless waves of respawning enemies. Players in Survival mode can pair up in 2-man teams to stay alive and watch each others' backs.
Another innovation is the Strike System. This replaces the old Killstreak feature. These "Strike Packages" applies to Assault, Support, and Specialist pointstreaks.
Game modes also get an upgrade with the addition of Kill Confirmed and Team Defender modes.
Visuals and other features
COD: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer mode was unveiled at the Call of Duty XP event on September 2nd and 3rd, 2011. Lucky attendees were able to experience the new multiplayer gameplay two months before the game's release.
While the core multiplayer gameplay has been likened to a mashup of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2, there were some important additions:
- Each Prestige now had 80 levels.
- There were many wew Perks, while some were changed or removed.
- Overkill was re-implemented.
- Weapon skills allow you to further customize your class and weapons.
- Each weapon has its own rank (called a weapon tier), which the player must have in order to unlock attachments, abilities, and challenges which are required to level up the weapon.
- The old Killstreak system has been replaced with Strike Chains, and you can choose from three different strike packages for pointstreaks - Attack, Support,
- Two new game types were added: Kill Confirmed and Team Defender.
- Players can scroll through pointstreak rewards.
- A player can custom set separate Pointstreak progressions for each of his classes.
- The HUD featured a pointstreak counter.
- A player's pointstreak will restart after reaching the last pointstreak reward and does not need to die to restart the streak.
- Added various preset custom game modes for private matches.
- There are 16 multiplayer maps on the disc, each of which can also be played in survival mode. However, the maps differ in survival mode difficulty.
- Call of Duty Online split screen from COD: Black Ops was brought back.
- Theater mode returns from Call of Duty. Black Ops
- Handicapped and disabled players have more options to let them play the game.
- Unlike Call of Duty, players must level up individually in offline splitscreen, which is different from COD: Black Ops where everything is unlocked.
- Later on, game modes called "Community Playlists" were added to the game, including Infected, Drop Zone, FFA Gunplay, and Money in the Denk.
The COD: Modern Warfare 3 Prestige Shop allowed players to choose the following rewards:
- Extra custom class
- Reset all stats
- Regular Package
- Unlock Gear
- Hardened Package
- Veteran Package
- Double XP
- Double weapon XP
A brand new feature is the addition of a ranking system similar to multiplayer. Players earn XP in Survival Mode and Mission Mode to unlock other modes, as well as new weapons, gear, and perks for Survival Mode.
Nov 08, 2011
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 processor or better
- GPU: 256 MB Pixel Shader 3.0 or better (NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT/ATI Radeon X1950 or better)
- RAM: 2 GB of RAM (or higher)
- HDD: 16 GB free disk space
- The engine used for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is identified as “IW 5” in the file registry. However, it is actually a modified version of IW 4.0. IW 4.0 is the same engine for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The modified IW 4.0 version used in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is also referred to as the MW3 engine.
- COD: Modern Warfare 3 made a cameo in GI. Joe: Retaliation in the scene where Duke and Roadblock (played by Channing Tatum and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, respectively) are shown playing the Survival Mode on the village map.
- The game was referenced in the sitcoms 2 Broke Girls and Two and a Half Men.
- It was also mentioned in commercials featuring characters from The Big Bang Theory and Conan O’Brien.
- The cut scene at the beginning of the final level in COD: Modern Warfare 3, “Dust to Dust”, has several objective images early in the game.
- A cut scene shows a close-up photo of Lev Kravchenko. There is also an image of Joseph Allen, but it uses a different character model than the model from No Russian and only the bottom half of the image is shown.
Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars is an action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar Leeds in 200...
The Battlefield 2 single-player campaign features missions that involve clashes between U.S. Marines...
The Call of Duty franchise returns to its roots with Call of Duty: WWII. A new COD game that is set ...
The tenth mainline entry into the Battlefield franchise, Battlefield 1 goes a bit further back than ...
Battlefield 1943 is an online multiplayer entry in the Battlefield series. It is a World War II firs...
The direct sequel to the hit Battlefield 2 from 2005, Battlefield 3 is a first-person shooter video ...
Released in November 2016, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is a complete overhaul of Call of...
Released in 2009, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 brings players back into the action. Join the membe...
Set during World War 2, Call of Duty 2 is the direct sequel to the first mega-popular first person s...
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (also known as Bad Company 2, BFBC2 or BC2) is the tenth entry to the ser...