In 1997 Westwood Studios released a title that won universal praise from gamers and critics all around the world, along with accolades like AIAS’s Adventure Game of the Year award. Set in the same time and universe as the 1982 classic science fiction film by Ridley Scott, Blade Runner video game is now making a big comeback on modern computers.
In the game, you take the role of detective Ray McCoy. Armed with your investigative skills and tools of the Blade Runner trade, you must roam the dark, rainy streets of Los Angeles A.D. 2019 in pursuit of androids gone rogue. Searching for those so-called replicants is a tough nut to crack because they look and behave almost exactly like real people. Faced with growing moral dilemmas, McCoy will soon have to answer questions about his own humanity.
Immerse yourself in the dark, gritty world of Los Angeles 2019, where you become both the hunter and the hunted.
Explore over 100 interactive environments including sets from the Ridley Scott’s 1982 movie.
Take part in a non-linear story that creates a unique experience every time you play.
Interact with over 70 motion-captured characters, all with their own AI and agendas.
Witness the climatic noir-style visuals, engulfed in smoke and rain.
Recognize the Hollywood cast from the original film including Sean Young, James Hong, Joe Turkel, Brion James, and William Sanderson.
Visuals and other features
Listen to the ambient, multi-track audio and hear the music which includes specially recreated cuts from the original Blade Runner soundtrack.
Step into the role of detective Ray McCoy and utilize Blade Runner tools you know from the movie. Use ESPER photo analysis machine to distinguish replicants from humans, and analyze all case clues with the Knowledge Integration Assistant.
Nov 21, 1997
- CPU: 90 MHz Pentium III or Athlon MP
- RAM: 16 MB
- GPU: GeForce 6200 LE / Radeon 7000 or better
- HDD: 950 MB
- The game is not a direct adaptation of the 1982 Ridley Scott film Blade Runner but is instead a “sidequel”, telling an original story.
- Set in 2019 Los Angeles, the game tells the story of Ray McCoy, an elite detective charged with hunting down a group of dangerous replicants.
- The film’s protagonist, Rick Deckard, does not appear in a speaking role.
- Blade Runner was advertised as a “real-time 3D adventure game”.
- Blade Runner is a point-and-click adventure game played from a third-person perspective.
- Blade Runner’s main focus is detective work rather than puzzles or combat, and the majority of gameplay consists of searching for evidence, questioning suspects and analyzing clues.
- Another important investigative tool at the player’s disposal is the Voight-Kampff machine, which tests people to determine if they are replicants.
- The player can choose from one of five settings regarding McCoy’s demeanor during conversations: “Polite”, “Normal”, “Surly”, “Erratic”, and “User Choice”.
- The game features thirteen different endings.
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kyle Hyde, a disgraced New York detective turned salesman, arrives at a run-down Los Angeles inn ca...
Black Mirror I
Black Mirror is a dark adventure game that details the aftermath of the tragic death of William Gord...
Legend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate, The (Book Two)
The land of Kyrandia is disappearing piece by piece and you are the offbeat, young mystic who must v...
Neverwinter Nights is a classic Dungeons & Dragons RPG— enhanced for iOS! Explore 100+ hours o...
The Last Oricru
The Last Oricru is an action RPG, that puts you in the middle of ongoing conflict under the protecti...
Alone in the Dark (2008)
Alone in the Dark is a survival horror game developed by Eden Games and Hydravision Entertainment. I...
DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS
DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS is an online asymmetrical action game in which a team of 7 ordinary citize...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
At the beginning, young Edna wakes up in the padded cell of an insane asylum with no memory of her p...
The X-Files Game
The X-Files Game is an interactive movie point-and-click adventure video game developed by HyperBole...