Get ready to wear your sombreros folks, because Forza Horizon 5 is headed to Mexico.
As confirmed at E3 2021, the latest installment in the popular open-world driving sim series will be set in Mexico after taking gamers to Southern Australia and Great Britain in Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Horizon 5, respectively.
According to the developers, Forza Horizon 5 will see the series' largest open-world environment and feature everything from sprawling urban deserts and jungles to ancient ruins, as you race around in a gorgeous and faithful open-world recreation of the country of Mexico.
Playground Games might not have revealed a lot about Forza Horizon 5 yet, but there's enough info out there to make it difficult to keep up and separate the truth from the not.
With that said, we've decided to round up everything there is to know about Forza Horizon 5.
Is There a Forza Horizon 5 Trailer Available?
After releasing a cinematic trailer that revealed the title and setting of Forza Horizon 5, Microsoft treated Forza fans to a more in-depth Forza Horizon 5 gameplay trailer that showcases the game in all its glory.
When Is the Forza Horizon 5 Release Date?
Forza Horizon 5 is scheduled to launch on November 9, 2021. However, players who want to access Forza Horizon 5 earlier can buy the Premium Edition to get a chance to play it starting November 4/5.
Which Platforms Will Forza Horizon 5 Release On?
Playground Games' Forza Horizon 5 will make history as the first next-gen exclusives for the franchise. It will available exclusively on the Xbox Series S/X and the PC.
Microsoft also announced Forza Horizon 5 as one of the dozens of games launching on the Xbox Game Pass.
How Will Forza Horizon 5 Perform on Xbox Series S/X?
Forza Horizon 5 is going to be a beautiful game. It's designed with next-gen hardware in mind and will be the perfect showcase for Xbox Series X's power. In Performance Mode, Forza Horizon 5 will run at 4K resolution and maintain 60 frames per second on the Xbox Series X, or 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second on the Xbox Series S.
Naturally, Forza Horizon 5 will also have ray tracing. Unfortunately, the technology is only available using the Forzavista vehicle viewing mode. We might also see some loss of visual fidelity running the game in performance mode at 60 FPS, with "normal" mode being 30FPS at 4K.
If you're interested to see what Forza Horizon 5 will require to run on the PC, you might want to check out its Steam page right now. Don't worry. It won't be asking for anything unreasonable like an RTX 3080Ti. As a matter of fact, the system requirements for Forza Horizon 5 on the PC are pretty modest, which should bode well for gamers on a budget and Microsoft Flight Simulator.
What’s New in Forza Horizon 5?
Here are some of the features fans can expect to see in Forza Horizon 5:
- Forza Horizon 5 is adding what the studio describes as a "deep and rewarding campaign". Labeled as the Horizon Story, the campaign will see players meet new characters that can affect mission outcomes.
- Forza LINC is a new AI assistant added to Forza Horizon 5 that will help keep tabs on your status, the people you meet online, and make it easier for you to play together with your friends.
- Horizon Arcade is a new feature for Forza Horizon 5 that will let players engage in a variety of mini-games and challenges scattered across the map in co-op gameplay.
- Forza Horizon 5 is also going to introduce the EventLab feature that will let players create their own races, modes, and experiences.
- Playground Games also teased improvements to Horizon Tour and Horizon Open that will make it easier for players to join other player's games to help simulate the "experience of a car-meet".
- It also looks like Playground Games wants to add its own take on the battle royale formula to Forza Horizon 5 with the addition of Eliminator. In this new mode, players will survive by staying ahead of the rest of the competition.
- Playground Games has also overhauled the character and vehicle models for Forza Horizon 5 to include "thousands" of performance and visual upgrades that will be available to players as soon as the game is available to play.