Microsoft is gearing up to give Xbox Game Pass subscribers a happy holiday season by adding several big names to the popular video game subscription service for December 2021.
Here's everything that's coming to the Xbox Game Pass for December:
- ANVIL - December 2 (Console and PC)
- Archvale - December 2 (Console, PC, and Cloud)
- Final Fantasy 13-2 - December 2 (Console and PC)
- Lawn Mowing Simulator - December 2 (Console)
- Rubber Bandits - December 2 (Console)
- Stardew Valley - December 2 (Console, PC, and Cloud)
- Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector - December 2 (Console and PC)
- Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator - December 7 (Console, PC, and Cloud)
- Halo Infinite - December 8 (Console, PC, and Cloud)
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 - (Console, PC, and Cloud)
- Aliens: Fireteam Elite - December 14 (Console and PC)
- Among Us - December 14 (Console)
- The Gunk - December 16 (Console, PC, and Cloud)
Get ready to play Halo and Aliens in December
The main highlights for Xbox Game Pass subscribers are Halo Infinite and Aliens: Fireteam Elite. The long wait for the former makes it arguably the biggest launch title to hit the Xbox Game Pass, giving it a strong chance at beating Forza Horizon 5's record last month. The latest campaign trailer for Halo Infinite is as hype-inducing as any trailer can get, so make sure to mark December 8, 2021, on your calendars.
The other big title, Aliens: Fireteam Elite, will look to try and get a second lease in life with a release on Microsoft's video game subscription service. Aliens: Fireteam Elite received a fairly high amount of hype before its release in August. Unfortunately, the co-op action game never really gained any traction among audiences.
Due to the companion of a lack of cross-play and releasing around the same time as Turtle Rock Studios' Back 4 Blood, Aliens: Fireteam Elite quickly fell out of audiences' favor. However, with the game's second season of post-launch content coming, developer Cold Iron Studios is also adding cross-play between Xbox and Windows players. At the very least, Xbox Game Pass subscribers will have a reason to give Aliens: Fireteam Elite a try on December 14.
Which games are leaving Xbox Game Pass in December 2021?
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light - December 8 (Console and Cloud)
- Beholder - December 15 (Console and Cloud)
- The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan - December 15 (Console and PC)
- Guacamelee! 2 - December 15 (Console, PC, and Cloud)
- Wilmot's Warehouse - December 15 (Console, PC, and Cloud)
- Unto The End - December 15 (Console, PC, and Cloud)
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - December 15 (Console, PC, and Cloud)
What's next for the Xbox Game Pass?
2021 was a big year for Microsoft and the Xbox Game Pass. Earlier this year, Microsoft revealed a laundry list of big games that are going to be available on the Xbox Game Pass at launch. The service has only welcomed even more games since. Microsoft's investment towards the Xbox Game Pass has only widened the gap between it and PlayStation Plus or PlayStation Now.
It will be interesting to see what else Microsoft has up its sleeve as it tries to sustain the growth of the Xbox Game Pass for 2022.