Most of us have a love-hate relationship with Genshin Impact's Gacha system. Everyone has that one character they love but cannot get because of the Gacha system. However, we also know that rush of dopamine every time we roll for a wish. With the recent Genshin Impact releasing a new character named Xiao, people will start their summoning prayers once again. However, what if I tell you it is not all about luck?
This article will tell you everything about the Gacha system, Exclusive Banners, and the Pity system in Genshin Impact. Understanding these systems can help reduce the amount of money you spend from rolling. You may even get the character you want if you use your Primogems wisely.
The Wish or Gacha System
The Wish is the Gacha system in Genshin Impact. Genshin Impact is a free-to-play game. How can a beautiful RPG make money though? The answer lies in the Gacha system. Depending on the banner you roll from, you can get weapons and new characters for your party. Each roll costs 160 Primogems, and different banners use different types of fates. Some of the banners are only up for a limited time, so it is important to roll for them before they expire.
Character Event wishes are limited edition banners that only last for a limited time, and this banner uses Intertwined Fate. On the other hand, standard character banners use Acquaint Fates. Unlike Character Event banners, this banner does not have a time duration. You can also buy these fates using Primogems. Most players would buy Primogems using real money to get more wishes and more chances of getting the character or weapon they want.
Active Character and Item Banners
Updated - February 7, 2021
Exclusive banners are limited edition banners that you can roll from, and they have increased chances of getting an exclusive character.
Invitation to the Mundane Life
The current Exclusive banner includes Xiao in the 'Invitation to Mundane Life' banner. Players will have an increased 50% drop rate of getting Xiao, and four-star characters like Diona, Beidou, and Xinyan have an increased drop rate. When the character event banner ends, you will not get the five-star character again unless the event banner reappears.
For Invitation to Mundane life, the base probability of you getting a five-star character is 0.600%, and after at least 90 attempts, that probability increases to 1.600%. Once you roll a five-star character, there is a 50% chance that the five-star character will be Xiao. If you got a five-star character, not Xiao, the next five-star character you roll would be guaranteed, Xiao. Below are some of the probability for the current exclusive banner:
- Four Star Item: 5.100%
- Four Star Weapon: 2.550%
- Four Star character: 2.550%
- Increased probability of four-star items after 10 attempts: 99.400%
- Increased probability of five-star items after 10 attempts: 0.600%
When you roll a four-star character for the first time, there is a 50% chance for featured characters like Diona, Beidou, and Xinyan to appear. However, the next four-star character you roll will be guaranteed to be one of the event's featured characters. Below are some of the past Exclusive character events and their exclusive featured characters:
Expired Character Event Banners
- Adrift in the Harbor: Ganyu
- Secretum Secretorum: Albedo
- The gentry of Hermitage: Zhongli
- Farewell of Snezhnaya: Childe or Tartaglia
- Sparkling Steps: Klee
- Ballad in Goblets: Venti
If you are new to Genshin Impact, you can roll for the Beginner's Wish. This banner is perfect for beginners because it uses only eight Acquaint fate for ten rolls compared to the usual ten Acquaint fate for other banners. However, you can only roll on this banner a maximum of twenty times. Afterward, the Beginner's Wish banner will disappear. Your first ten wishes will guarantee the character "Noelle," and the second ten wishes on this banner will give you another four or five-star character. Below are the probabilities for this banner:
- Five-star character : 0.600%
- Four-star character: 5.100%
- The increased probability after 10 attempts: 13%, Guaranteed one four-star character.
The Epitome Invocation is a banner that gives the player a chance to roll items and weapons. In this event banner, you have a chance to roll the exclusive five-star weapons, Primordial Jade Cutter and Primordial Jade Winged-Spear. There are other featured weapons in this banner like The Flute, Sacrificial Greatsword, Rust, Eye of Perception, and Favonius Lance. Below are the probabilities for this banner:
- Five-star weapon: 0.7%
- Four-star items: 6%
- Included Guarantee for Five-star weapons: 1.850%
- Included Guarantee for four-star items: 14.500%
Do not worry when you are not getting your desired character, because every wish you make will lead to the Pity System. The Pity System is the number of wishes you have to make before you are guaranteed a four-star or five-star pull. However, you may get a four or five-star character before the guaranteed pull if you are lucky enough. Below are the number of wishes you have to make before you are guaranteed to pull that item or character:
- Four-star weapon: Ten wishes
- Four-star character: Ten wishes
- Five-star weapon: Eighty wishes
- Five-star character: Ninety wishes
Another factor to remember is that each banner has its own Pity counter, and the pity counter will reset if you get a four or five star. You also do not need to make consecutive wishes for the pity system to activate, so no, you do not need to save up for that ten rolls. Just remember the number of wishes you made that did not grant you four or five stars. For example, if you made 89 wishes, your next wish is guaranteed a five star.
Invitation to Mundane Life Pity System
For example, the active character event banner as of February 7 is the "Invitation to Mundane Life." The featured character for this banner is Xiao, and you cannot get him on standard banners. Below are the pity rates for each of the featured characters:
- Xiao: 180 Wishes
- A guaranteed Five-star character: 90 Wishes
- Beidou:20 Wishes
- Diona:20 Wishes
- Xinyan:20 Wishes
- Four-star item: 10 Wishes
So keep in mind that after 20 wishes, your 21st wish is guaranteed to be either Beidou, Diona, or Xinyan for this banner. After 90 wishes, you are guaranteed a five-star character, and if you did not get Xiao, you are guaranteed to get him after 90 more wishes.
Depending on the banner you want to pull in, you need Intertwined or Acquaint Fates. To get each fate, you need 160 Primogems. You can get Primogems from doing quests and exploring the world of Genshin Impact. However, you can also buy Genesis Crystals with real money to get Primogems. You can top-up your Genesis Crystals in the Shop menu, and these crystals can be converted to Primogems at a ratio of 1:1. Below are the current rates for Genesis Crystals in USD.
- 60 Genesis Crystals: $0.99
- 300 Genesis Crystals: $4.99
- 980 Genesis Crystals: $14.99
- 1980 Genesis Crystals: $29.99
- 3280 Genesis Crystals: $49.99
- 6480 Genesis Crystals: $99.99
You will also get bonus Genesis Crystals if it is your first time buying them.
After reaching Adventurer Rank 20, you can also participate in Battle Passes. These battle passes give you multiple rewards, such as weapons. However, you can upgrade your battle pass to a premium battle pass using real money. The Sojourner's Battle pass is the free option for players, but they can upgrade to Gnostic Hymn for better loot. You will unlock battle pass levels by gaining Battle Pass EXP. Below are the rates for upgrading your Battle Pass:
- Gnostic Hymn: $9.99
- Gnostic Chorus: 19.99
Upgrading to Gnostic Chorus will automatically advance you to battle pass level 10, and you will get the name card style called "Catch the Wind." Aside from this, you will also get five fragile resin.
Masterless Stardust and Glitter
Whenever you get a three-star weapon, you will also gain Masterless Stardust. You can use this to exchange Fates for an extra Wish. However, you can only use them for a maximum of five per month, so save them up for extra Gacha pulls. On the other hand, Masterless Glitter can be obtained by getting a four-star weapon on your Wish. You can also use this Masterless Glitter to exchange for more Wishes or Characters.
How to Exchange
To exchange your masterless dust and glitter, you have to log into the game itself first. Go to the shop menu and head over to Paimon's bargains. You can exchange your Glitter in the Starglitter Exchange Tab, and you can exchange your stardust in the Stardust Exchange Tab. Below are items you can exchange for your Masterless Stardust and Glitter:
- Intertwined Fate
- Acquaint Fate
- Adventurer's Experience
- Mystic Enhancement Ore
- 10000 Mora
- 10 Dust of Azoth
- Slime Secretions
- Stained Mask
- Sealed Scroll
- Sharp Arrowhead
- Sergeant's Insignia
- Silver Raven Insignia
- Shimmering Nectar
- Heavy Horn
- Dead Ley Line Branch
- Chaos Device
- Mist Grass Pollen
- Hunter's Sacrificial Knife
- Fragile Bone Shard
- Slime Condensate
- 3 Damaged Mask
- 3 Divining Scroll
- 3 Firm Arrowhead
- 3 Recruit's Insignia
- 3 Treasure Hoarder Insignia
- 3 Whopperflower Nectar
You can also unlock other items when you reach a higher Adventurer rank, like the Black Bronze Horn.
- Intertwined Fate
- Acquaint Fate
- Royal Longsword
- Royal Greatsword
- Royal Spear
- Royal Grimoire
- Royal Bow
You can also unlock other items when you reach Adventurer Rank 35 or above like the Black Crystal Horn.
Duplicate Characters or Weapons
Ever get that disappointment when you pull the same character that you already have? Well, do not worry, because pulling Duplicate characters are beneficial. Duplicate characters are actually needed to upgrade the talents in your character's constellation. Unlocking Talents will make your character more powerful. When getting a duplicate character from the Gacha System, you will get a Stella Fortuna and 10 Masterless Glitter.
Stella Fortuna is used to unlocking new talents on the Constellation map of your character. As for Duplicate Weapons, they are also important when it comes to refining your weapon. A duplicate weapon is needed to increase the skill of your weapon. The maximum times you can refine your weapon is five, but duplicate weapons can also be used to enhance other weapons. Lastly, you can also destroy your duplicate weapons to make them into enhancement stones.
How to get Free Wishes or Primogems
If you do not have a budget to spend, you may be wondering how you can get a free pull or extra Primogems without spending any money. Even though you can buy Primogems and Wishes with real money, you can also do multiple things in the game that will reward you Primogems like:
- Join In-game Events. miHoYo usually hosts in-game or browser events that will give players Primogems as a reward.
- Use Genshin Impact Codes. There are Genshin Impact codes that you can find online, and these codes will give you extra wishes or Primogems when you redeem them.
- Raise your Adventurer Rank. Raising your adventurer rank and reaching milestones rewards you with free Wishes and Primogems.
- Look for Quests that have Primogems as a reward. Essential story quests and long side quests usually give you Primogems as a reward for completing them.
- Do your Daily Commissions. When you open your Adventurer's Handbook, you will find four daily commission quests. These quests refresh every day and you get 10 Primogems for completing them. If you finish all four quests, you will get 20 primogems so that is a total of 60 primogems.
- Complete your Adventurer's Experience quests. Aside from daily commissions, you can also find a tab called Experience in your Adventurer's Handbook. Completing a whole chapter of your Adventurer Experience gives you 50 Primogems.
- Explore the map and find chests. Treasure chests not only grant you artifacts and weapons but also Primogems. Luxurious and Precious chests give you 10 Primogems each.
- Activate Teleport waypoints, Statues, and Domains. Exploring the map of Genshin Impact rewards you Primogems as well, so activate those teleport waypoints and statues while you are exploring.
- Complete all the Achievements. If you go to the Achievements menu, you will find a list of challenges you can do to get Primogems. Once you are done with the challenges, you can redeem your Primogems on the same tab.
Genshin Impact is a free-to-play game that uses a Gacha system. The Wish, or Gacha System, allows players to get the characters and weapons they want in the game. Each wish costs 160 Primogems and you can obtain Primogems by playing the game or buying Genesis Crystals using real money. Different banners require different Fates and each banner has its own probability and Pity counters. Take advantage of the Pity system to get the character or weapon you want with fewer Primogems.