Character creation in Cyberpunk 2077 is highly diversified, and the game offers extensive customization options. When you first start playing, you will be prompted to choose your gender and create a character by selecting different features such as appearance, style, and voice.
Furthermore, you can change the look of your character through a variety of clothing options and a range of implants.
The very first thing you get to choose when you start Cyberpunk 2077 is the type of Life Path for your character. There are three main Life Path choices - Corporate, Street Kid & Nomad. Check out our full guide on these three origin stories for your character.
Gender and Body Type
Cyberpunk 2077 offers players two main body types, also known as genders, in the game. There are male and female body types, and you can change them according to your preference.
You can also change the voice of the characters without any limitations. For instance, a character having a male body type can have a female voice, and a character with a female body type can have a male voice. There are three voice types available in-game - Default, Masculine, and Feminine.
Throughout the game, your character is not referred to as a single-gender pronoun (he/she), but instead just as V (the name of the protagonist) to prevent misgendering.
This also gives players an option to create a character who is outside of the gender binary, such as a transgender character.
There is a wide range of customization options offered to players, including:
- Skin Tone and Type: You can choose up to 12 skin tones and 5 Skin Types.
- Eye Type and Color: There are 21 eye types to choose from with 39 different eye colors to select.
- Eyebrow Type and Color: You can choose from up to 8 eyebrow types and 8 colors. There is also an option to remove eyebrows completely.
- Nose Type: There are 21 nose types.
- Ears: There are 21 ear types.
- Mouth: There are 21 mouth types.
- Jaw: There are 21 jaw types.
- Facial Scars: There are 9 facial scars to choose from with an option to turn them off.
- Facial Tattoos: There are 11 facial tattoos with an option toi turn them off.
- Hairstyles and Hair Color: There are a total of 39 hairstyles with 24 different hair colors.
- Piercings and Piercing Colors: 14 different piercings with 7 different colors to choose from. You can also turn piercing off.
- Teeth: There are 4 different types of teeth.
- Eye Makeup and Color: There are 8 types of eye makeup with 9 different colors to select.
- Blemishes and Blemish Color: 3 blemish types with 6 colors to choose from. You can remove the blemish as well.
- Nail Types and Colors: There are 2 nail types with 37 different nail colors to choose from.
- Chest Size: You have three options for chest size - Small, Medium, and Big.
- Nipples: You can choose from 3 nipple types or completely turn them off.
- Body Tattoos: There are 5 body tattoos to choose from with an option to turn them off.
- Body Scars: You can either choose from 2 body scar options or turn it off.
- Genitals (yes, really): There are three genital types available: Vagina, Penis Type 1, and Penis Type 2. As mentioned before, these can be applied on V regardless of their gender.
- Penis Size: There are 2 sizes available - Small and Large.
- Cyberware (facial wiring): You can choose up to 8 cyberwares with an option to completely turn it off.
- Pubic Hair Style: 5 hair styles (TBC)
- Beard: There are 12 beard types.
- Lip Makeup and Color: 6 lip makeup type and 9 different colors.
- Cheek Makeup and Color: 5 cheek makeup type with 3 color variants.
Other customization options include piercing and make-up. You can have different piercings, such as nose and ear piercings. Make-up options include having eye shadows, blemishes, etc. You can also add tattoos to your character.
One of the most interesting parts about the customization in this game is how deep it gets. You can change not only the aforementioned aspects of your character but also the genitalia. Customization extends as much as changing the color of your character's pubic hair.
The customization of genitalia will also determine who your character can romance with.
At the beginning of the game, you will be given seven Attribute points to spend on top of the three points allocated to each of your Attributes by default. There are five Attributes - Body, Intelligence, Reflexes, Technical, and Cool.
We have a full guide covering all the Attributes and Perks in the game.