If you are dissatisfied with your current Fortnite name, or you think your name is not reflective of you as a gamer anymore, it is very easy to change it. Since Fortnite is available on a number of platforms, there are also several ways of changing your name.
How Many Times Can You Change Your Fornite Display Name?
Changing names in Fortnite have different restrictions depending on the platform you are playing. For PC and mobile, you can change it every 14 days. For the video game consoles, your name is tied with your PlayStation Network ID for PlayStation, or Gamertag for Xbox.
How To Change Your Fortnite Name In Mobile
After installing the mobile version of Fortnite on Android or iOS, you will have the option of connecting the game to your Epic Games account.
Connecting your Epic Games account it what will allow you to change your name in Fortnite on mobile. You just have to go to the Epic Games website in your browser and then follow these steps:
- Find the blue box in the top right corner and click the hamburger menu (the three horizontal bar icon), assuming you are on your mobile device.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Select the hamburger menu again and click on your account name. Click on “Account”.
- You can now change your Personal Information including your display name.
- Change your name and the next time you log in on Fortnite on your phone or tablet, you will see the name change.
How to Change Your Fortnite Name On PC
PC has the easiest way to change your Fortnite display name. Just follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Epic Games website.
- Keep your 2FA code handy if you are logging in to a new device, otherwise, you should go click at the top right corner and select the "Account" option.
- Go to "Personal Data" and you should find your display name there
- Change your name and confirm.
How to Change Your Fortnite Display Name on Nintendo Switch
The Switch version of Fortnite implements the Epic Games account Display name as your Fortnite username. You just have to follow the same steps above in changing the Epic Games username, through the browser.
How To Change Your Fortnite Name On PS4
For several years, the PlayStation Network never allowed changing your PlayStation ID. Now, it allows gamers to change their IDs for a fee. Changing your name the first time is free though. However, a subsequent name change will cost you US$9.99. For PS Plus subscribers, there is a discount of US$5.00. You cannot have a unique name for Fortnite itself, your PlayStation ID is your Fortnite name.
Below are the steps in changing your Fornite display name in the PlayStation 4;
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select "Account Management" and then go to "Account Information", then to "Profile", and finally, to "Online ID".
- Enter your chosen name.
How To Change Your PlayStation ID Using Browsers
- Go to the official PlayStation website from your browser.
- Open your PlayStation Network Account.
- Choose your PSN Profile.
- Click on the edit button beside your Online ID.
- Type your chosen name.
- Follow the prompts that appear.
- Click on the confirm button.
How To Change Your Fortnite Name On Xbox One?
For the Xbox ecosystem, it is the same as PlayStation. Your Gamertag is your Fortnite name.
Here is the way to change your display name on Xbox One:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Navigate to Profile & System, then chose your Gamertag.
- Select My Profile.
- Select Customize Profile.
- Choose a new Gamertag and put in your desired name.
- Confirm your selection.
How To Change Your Xbox Gamertag Using Browsers
- Open your Microsoft Account from your browser, or you can proceed directly to the change Gamertag screen here.
- Click on your username.
- Select "Go to your Xbox Profile".
- Select "Customize".
- Select the "Change Gamertag" icon to the right of your Gamertag.
- Enter your new Gamertag, click on "Change Gamertag".
- Your Gamertag should now be changed.
Hot on the heels of the recent announcement of Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis and Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier, Square Enix’s Final Fantasy...
Everyone knows that you can't just compare a custom-build desktop or PC to any console, even if it's the PlayStation 5. It's like comparing...
In a proposed class-action suit settlement, Epic Games will be paying in-game currencies and cash to qualified players of Fortnite and Rocket League, after...