The next season for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Call of Duty: Warzone is bringing in The Law, and not just in the metaphorical sense. Mega City One’s ruthless Street Judge, Judge Dredd, arrives as a special Operator skin, along with other goodies in the Season 5 Reloaded.
How do you get the Judge Dredd Operator skin? What can COD Warzone and Black Ops Cold War players look forward to in Season 5 Reloaded? Read on to find out the details.
Judge Dredd Operator skin
All the way from the dystopian future of 2099 comes the most feared Street Judge patrolling the mean streets of Mega City One: Judge Dredd.
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) September 1, 2021
Created in 1977 by writer John Wagner and artist Carlos Ezquerra (with input from editor Pat Mills), Judge Dredd first appeared in the British science fiction comic magazine 2000 AD. The idea for the character was a Dirty Harry-type law enforcer that acted as judge, jury, and executioner as a more efficient way of dealing with crime. Essentially, due process for anything, from the lowest misdemeanors to the most heinous crimes, are conducted and carried out by the Street Judges. A
No one was as efficient or as brutal as Joseph Dredd.
Armed with the Lawgiver gun and astride his Lawmaster motorcycle, Judge Dredd laid down harsh justice, fighting colorful villains like Mean Machine and the rest of the Angel family, as well as the supernatural Dark Judges. Judge Dredd proved to be a popular and enduring character. He has appeared in multiple comic books, including crossovers with DC Comics own Dark Knight, The Batman. Judge Dredd's adventures continuing to this day and, so far, at least two big screen adaptations in 1995 and 2012 (starring Sylvester Stallone and Karl Urban in the title role, respectively).
With Call of Duty: Warzone and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War already dipping into pop culture references with the recent Rambo and John McClane operator skins, Judge Dredd is a perfect fit. Unlocking the Judge Dredd skin only requires the purchase of the Tracer Pack: Judge Dredd bundle in the in-game store.
The Judge Dredd Operator skin will be for the Ingo Beck Operator character. There are two versions of the Judge Dredd skin: one standard and one classic Comic Strip version. The classic version is a cel-shaded variant that depicts the lawman in black and white, as a nod to his comic book illustration roots.
Aside from the Judge Dredd Operator skin, the bundle also includes new Weapon Blueprints inspired by the character’s dystopian future designs. These blueprints include the iconic Lawgiver pistol, the Quick Judgment SMG, and the Arbitrator Rifle assault rifle. Other stuff included in the Tracer Pack: Judge Dredd bundle are the Incendiary finishing move, the Book of Law weapon charm, an Animated Calling Card and Emblem, and the Judge’s Watch wrist cosmetic accessory.
Season 5 Reloaded Features
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) September 2, 2021
Aside from the Judge Dredd elements, the Season 5 Reloaded for Call of Duty: Warzone and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will have some other new things in store for the player base:
- Hudson from the Call of Duty franchise joins the ranks of available Operators.
- Zoo Map – a 6V6 location full of theme park elements and animal exhibits to navigate and hunt your enemies in.
- Demolition Mode – For those who like their games with an explosive conclusion!
- Zombies – The popular Zombies gameplay adds Armada (a new outbreak region), Survival (new Outbreak mode), Rampage Inducer (a new feature), and Black Chest (new Outbreak world event).
- The Numbers Event – beginning September 21, the Numbers Event will be running which offers new rewards, including a new melee weapon, the Sai, the favorite of sexy ninja assassins and teenage ninja turtles with an attitude.
- Clash – a new 50v50 team deathmatch mode where each side respawns indefinitely until one side hits 500 points. Eliminating rivals and completing in-game Contracts during the match accumulate these points. There are also powerups unique to the Clash mode that can turn the tide of battle.
- Iron Trials ’84 – players get higher health, modified health regeneration, and altered loadout drops. It will also be using modified Gulag mechanics.
- Oktoberfest – the Tracer Pack: Oktoberfest Bundle will also be available in the later part of Season 5 Reloaded. This bundle will include the Lederhosen Operator Skin for Beck and two new Weapon Blueprints that feature the Beer Tracer Fire effect (which changes the bullets into beer bottles).