Cyberpunk 2077 has one of the most immersive character customization systems available in any game. It has a range of character build options that determine how you want your character to be. If you wish to have an aggressive playstyle, then you have skills specific to that aspect, or if you want your character to be a silent assassin, for example, there's skills specific to that too.
Below we explain every attribute available in the game.
There are a total of five attributes available in Cyberpunk 2077. When you've finished creating your character you will spend attribute points on these attributes. You start with a minimum of three attribute points allocated to each of these attributes by default. You then get an additional seven points to allocate on the attributes of your choice.
The available attributes are:
The Body attribute improves your health and maximum stamina. It also increases your character's melee damage. Having a high-level attribute will allow you to access different attribute perks.
For example, one of the perks associated with the Body attribute is the "Street Brawler" perk, which increases your critical damage chance by 60% for 10 seconds every time you kill an enemy.
You can also break open doors easily, pick up heavy weapons, and even use NPC bodies as a shield against incoming fire. In simple words, the Body attribute is related to your overall character strength.
Reflex focuses on increasing your character's proficiency with guns and rifles, as well as your character's attack speed with melee weapons. The Reflex attribute also increases your critical damage chance as you level it up. Reflex is focused on how agile your character is and will also help you dodge enemy attacks effectively.
Intelligence, as the name suggests, governs how well your character's hacking abilities are. When you level up your intelligence attribute, it reduces the difficulty level and shortens the time it takes to hack or upload data.
Technical is a useful attribute in terms of upgrading your weapons and crafting purposes. The Technical attribute gives you armor and also increases your chances of finding crafting materials when looting enemy corpses. A Higher Technical attribute contributes to better cyber upgrades and weapon improvements.
Cool is associated with your character's stealth ability and the attribute increases your character's sneaking efficiency. If you have a high enough Cool attribute, then you will be able to take down enemies effectively by sneaking upon them.
To be precise, it determines how slow the enemies detect you before attacking you. This gives you time to get out of their line of sight.
The Cool attribute also increases your assassination ability damage and sneak attack damage. It will also affect the total critical damage your character does.
Perks & Skills
The Attributes mentioned above are categorized further into 12 skills. Afterward, these skills are classified into a total of 20 perks combined, which you can pick from.
These skills and perks are categorized as follows:
- Sniper Rifles
Cyberpunk 2077 also has Cyber Mods. These are character enhancement mods that give you an added advantage in different scenarios. For instance, some mods help in target enhancement, which allows your character to aim better, while some will enable you to slow down time in time-sensitive situations, such as hacking.
In the picture below you can see that the character has blades coming out of their hands - this is thanks to one of the cyber mods.
Cyber Mods will play a huge role in character build and, just like the perks and attributes, contribute toward your play style.
Each attribute can be categorized into Skills that are further classified into several Perks. Below, we have some new information regarding the perks and what they do.
- Gladiator - reduce damage taken while blocking by 20%
- Regeneration - slowly regenerate health in combat
- Pack Mule - doubles carrying capacity
- Invincible - increase maximum health by 10%
- Super Hero Landing - reduce fall damage by 5%
- Multitasker - shoot while either sprinting, sliding or jumping
- Transporter - shoot or sprint while carrying a body
- Hard Motherf***er - armor and resistance increase by 20% for 10 seconds before combat
- Master Gunsmith - 5% chance of receiving an additional prototype component as crafting material for every item you make
- R&D - allows you to upgrade items to legendary quality level
- Crazy Science - increases the sales prices of your items by 25%
- Mech Looter - loot scrap from drones, robots and mechs and have a 30% chance of finding weapon parts
- Blast Shielding - reduce your explosion damage taken by 10%
- Shrapnel - add 20 additional damage to all previous garnet effects
- Grenadier - make your grenade explosion radius visible
- Reverse Engineering - take off weapon mods
- You can't touch this - become immune to the effects of your own grenades
These are all the known Perks. This article will be updated as new information is revealed.