Heirloom item sets are some of the most exclusive collectables in Apex Legends. There are currently 8 sets available, and new ones are released in limited-time Collection Events that run for two weeks every couple of months. The latest event, Fight Night, began on January 5, 2021, and will run until January 19, 2021. Each set contains a Banner Pose, a Melee Weapon Skin, and an Intro Quip. They can be collected during their corresponding event; after, they’re moved to the Heirloom Store, where they can only be purchased with Heirloom Shards.
How Do I Get Heirloom Shards?
Heirloom Shards are an ultra-rare drop from Apex Packs; the chance for a Pack to drop 150 Heirloom Shards is less than 1%. A Pack that has Heirloom Shards in it won’t be consumed after you use it. If you open 499 Packs and don’t receive any Heirloom Shards – which is a possibility – then you are guaranteed 150 Shards in the 500th pack. You can’t get any more Shards if you already own all of the available Heirloom Sets.
- Release: Game launch
- Banner Pose: Fearless
- Melee Weapon Skin: A black kunai with a purple edge that glows. It causes small portals to appear when you attack with it. It has “QUIETO” written on it – the word is Portuguese for “quiet” and Spanish for “still”. According to “Voidwalker”, Wraith received this kunai from an alternate version of herself.
- Intro Quip: “You know what I look like – come find me.”
- Release: The Iron Crown Collection Event (August 2019). This set is the only Heirloom Set that players had to pay Apex Coins for, even after completing the event.
- Banner Pose: Glory Hound
- Melee Weapon Skin: An axe with ravens in the detailing and an edge that glows red. According to “The Old Ways”, Bloodhound received the axe from their uncle Artur.
- Intro Quip: “I honour those who’ve risen, not those who’ve fallen.”
- Release: Fight or Fright Collection Event (October 2019)
- Banner Pose: Shock Sticks
- Melee Weapon Skin: A pair of drumsticks that double as defibrillators, decorated with Lifeline’s deco.
- Intro Quip: “Check yo self- or wreck yo self. (laughs)”
- Release: Holo-Day Bash Collection Event (December 2019). This set is the only set to include a Kill Quip instead of an Intro Quip.
- Banner Pose: Lights Out
- Melee Weapon Skin: Blue boxing gloves with screens on the back of the hands, displaying Pathfinder’s emotions like the screen in his chest.
- Kill Quip: “Did you see how great I was? I did all kinds of really amazing moves… are you listening?”
- Release: System Override Collection Event (March 2020)
- Banner Pose: Spin and Flick
- Melee Weapon Skin: A butterfly knife that doubles as a vial filled with Octane’s favourite Stim. It comes equipped with a needle to inject it with as well.
- Intro Quip: “Run fast. Hit fast. Win fast.”
- Release: Lost Treasures Collection Event (June 2020)
- Banner Pose: You Really Love Me
- Melee Weapon Skin: A golden trophy for “Best Competitor in a Battle Royale – Based on skill, but mostly looks.” Of course, the trophy is a small version of himself. Mirage will wear his goggles when he equips this skin and will occasionally attack with a porkchop while using it. The trophy is a reference to the live-action performance from the 2019 Game Awards.
- Intro Quip: “Excited to see you all in the ring. Don’t worry, there’s plenty of ‘mes’ to go around.”
- Release: Aftermarket Collection Event (October 2020)
- Banner Pose: Hammer Time
- Melee Weapon Skin: A hammer adorned with a skull on the back face. The skull is equipped with Nox gas. In one of its inspections, a spider of the species Scarabaeidae Arachnia will appear. The Nox gas is harvested from this spider.
- Intro Quip: “I look forward to getting my hands on you.”
- Release: Fight Night Collection Event (January 2021)
- Banner Pose: Like a Rock
- Melee Weapon Skin: A club that glows with flame-like elements.
- Intro Quip: “When this is over, you’ll all know the name ‘Gibraltar’.”
And there you have it! All of the Heirloom sets that currently exist. We’re excited to see what other awesome sets Apex has in store for 2021. Good luck getting your Heirloom Shards, and happy collecting!
One of the most anticipated battle royales of 2020 now has crossplay. Apex Legends originally released without the cross-platform feature which was lacking, until...
Apex Legends is the next evolution of Battle Royale, or at least that’s what EA says. While that particular claim is up to debate,...