Innersloth has released an update patch for Among Us which includes new food themed cosmetics, skins, quality of life features, and bug fixes.
Players who have been keeping up with Innersloth's social media have seen the sneak peeks of the new cosmetics. The full list of new items and quality of life changes include some that have been requested since the Among Us first deployed.
Among Us version 2022.8.23 will feature the following changes and additions.
🌭🥞 TIME. TO. FEAST. 🍦🍳
our small update (v2022.8.23) is out, featuring:
- two new Food Cosmicubes! get all new food themed cosmetics and look like a snack
- ability to change the map from the lobby
- minor store changes, bug fixes & more
hop in the game to check it out ✌️ pic.twitter.com/Y17cUDxAuE
— Among Us 🍕 food cosmetics are out!! (@AmongUsGame) August 23, 2022
Food cosmetics and more
- Food Cosmicubes! – Players can now spend beans (and stars) on all new food cosmetics. These food themed accessories make your Among Us avatar look like they are wearing food items (or even look like foodstuffs themselves). Anywhere from pancakes to bacon and eggs can be worn with these new cosmetics. This new addition will be a permanent fixture in the Among Us store.
- Change the map from the lobby without restarting. A long requested feature. Players will now be able to choose the map from the lobby. It seems odd that this has only been added after years, but it is finally added. Definitely a huge quality of life improvement.
- New featured page on the store. Featured items such as cosmetics and other stuff players can buy from the Among Us in-game store will now be highlighted. These items will now be prominently shown at the top of the store page, which can be helpful to new players. No word yet on how an item will be chosen for the featured status or how it will rotate.
- Star purchasing will now also have an updated tab with a shiny new look.
- Beans and Pods multiplier SFX now tied to the SFX volume slider. An interesting addition. Depending on how you have set your SFX and SFX volume sliders, there will be more prominent visual details and louder sound. For those Among Us players who really want to announce their rewards.
Additional Quality of Life changes
- Among Us players can now close Announcements with the ESC key on PC.
- Door logs will now display player icon cosmetics.
Store and inventory changes:
- New store sorting: you can now sort items from newest to oldest and by what's purchased. This helps with separating items players have bought before from those still unavailable.
- Added a visual indicator to show which cosmetics and Cosmicubes you've already purchased.
- Added a limited time banner on appropriate cosmetics & Cosmicubes.
Sanctions and censoring changes:
- Sanctions now display correctly instead of a general error when trying to enter matchmaking
- Links are now properly censored.
- Warnings will now be issued for censored links.
Friends List and accounts:
- Friends List now displays in alphabetical order. Not a huge change, but certainly a welcome and useful addition for those players who play Among Us with friends often.
- For Win 10 users – Among Us players are now moved into their friend's lobby when accepting invites from the game bar.
- Users are properly signed into account if they are given account linking permissions.
Among Us Bugfixes
In addition to the features and quality of life adjustments, below are the bug fixes for update 2022.8.23.
- Some hat cosmetics needed minor tweaks to display correctly.
- Updated names on a few Airship Cosmetics.
- Fixed cosmetics overrunning chat window when scrolling through messages.
- Implement Login flow on iOS and Google Play (users 13 and younger) – users will be able to login with a Temporary Account.
- Mira HQ – Vitals for Scientist now shows 'Comms Sabotaged' message when Impostor initiates Sabotage action.
- Friends List – Requests are now received correctly after adjusting the "Friend & Lobby Invites" option multiple times.
- Fixed SFX audio on Empty Garbage task.
- Fixed SFX track playing on music track during decontaminate task in The Airship.
- Fixed missing animation frame of Twitch Glitch pet during idle animation select with a controller while in active gameplay.
- In-game bug reporting – This helps the "Sloths" in the Innersloth development team and isn't really anything players will have to worry about, but this means the game is now able to better log any errors, so that they will have more insight on bugs.
- [iOS] – Notifications will no longer overrun device notch on iPhone11.
- [iOS] – Addressed issues causing some authentication errors.
- Egypt Server Issues – Fix for network and connectivity for players in Egypt on all platforms.
- [Switch] – Resolved issue where users may be unable to perform several actions if joy-cons were attached/detached.
- [Xbox One] – No more lag while using the D-pad!
You can find more about the update at the official Innersloth Among Us page.
The updates are now live on the Among Us versions on Android, iOS, Sony Playstation 4 and 5, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and the Nintendo Switch.