This quest is the first part of the world quest in Inazuma called Through the Mist. This world quest will unlock the Tsurumi Island, which is a region added in version 2.2 of Genshin Impact. Completing this quest will give you Primogems and Mora as a reward. You can start this quest by talking to Katheryne in the Inazuma Adventurer's Guild.
Starting the Quest
Before you can start the quest, you have to complete the Seirai Stormchasers quest first. You can find our guide about it here. Afterward, you need to talk to Katheryne in the Inazuma Adventurer's Guild. She will ask you to talk to Sumida. After talking to Sumida, you need to talk to the Kama, which is located in Ritou City. Give him Sumida's letter to continue the quest.
Arriving in Tsurumi Island
After giving the Kama the letter, you will arrive on Tsurumi Island. Unlock the Statue of Seven in this area to make it easier to come back to the island. Go to the quest area and unlock the teleport waypoint near here as well. Talk to the mysterious young boy near the tree to continue with the quest.
Make an Offering to the Perch
After talking to the mysterious boy, you will learn that his name is Ruu. Go further in to find Ruu talking with Makiri and Ipe. The lamps should guide you through the fog. Touch the perch near the tree and a cutscene will occur. The feathers will be scattered around the area. Below is where you can find the feathers in the area:
- The 1st feather is just south of the tree, near Ipe.
- Go further down from the location of the first feather and you will find the 2nd feather next to the lamp.
- The last feather is on top of a rock, near the 2nd feather.
Go back to the tree and make an offering to the perch. A cutscene will occur, removing the fog in the area. Talk to Ruu and continue onwards to the Ceremonial Site. After arriving at the Moshiro Ceremonial Site you have to talk to Mata.
You will need to clear the fog on three Shrines to complete this world quest. The first is the Chirai Shrine, which is on the northern Island from the Moshiri Ceremonial Site. Talk to Ruu in this area and you will see that Ku injured himself. Touch the Perch or the tree to begin this part of the quest. You will need to find the three feathers to complete the quest.
- Go south of the tree and climb the cliff to get to the first feather. It will move towards the portal and you have to follow it. Be careful because thunder whopperflowers will appear as you follow the feather.
- From the second feather, you will find an area with an opening going to the underground. Go down and touch the second feather.
- The last feather can be found on top of a stone platform, next to two relay stones.
After touching all the feathers, go back to where Ruu and Ku are and touch the perch to complete the offering process. A cutscene will occur and it will remove the fog surrounding the Chirai Shrine.
The next shrine is located in Shirikoro Peak, which is north of Oina Beach. Ruu will be here again so talk to him. Touch the perch to begin the offering process. Three feathers will fly out and you have to touch all three of them to complete the offering process. Before you can begin this, you have to guide the three Mysterious Seelies in the area. This will remove the water underneath the tree.
- The first Mysterious Seelie is located just north of the statues, on the branch.
- The second Mysterious Seelie can be found outside the Ceremonial Area, near the gate of the Shrine. It is located near the lamp, next to some cobwebs. Guide it back to the statues near the tree.
- The last Mysterious Seelie is located underneath the tree. You have to go down and swim to the right to find the Mysterious Seelie. It is located next to the lamp. You can use the Thunder Sakura Bough to get back to the perch and statues.
After guiding the three mysterious Seelies, it will remove the water underneath the tree. You will also receive an Exquisite Chest here.
Relay Stone Puzzle 1
Go down the tree and you will see all three feathers near the entrance. However, once you get close to them, they will fly away further into the cave. Keep following them until you reach an area with a circular door. There are multiple relay stones here and you have to connect them to open the circular door. Follow the steps below to open the circular door.
- Get the relay stone near the entrance and put it in between the stones to the right of the circular door.
- Get the lone relay stone south of the circular door and place it on the left, near the cube mechanism until it connects to the last stone near the circular door.
- Go further into the cave on the left and get the relay stone near the wall.
- Place this relay stone on the left side of the circular door until it connects to the stone near the door.
When you do this correctly, the cube mechanism will unlock and you will get an exquisite chest. Activate the Cube Mechanism and it will open the circular door. Go inside and you will encounter a Ruin Guard.
Mysterious Seelie Puzzle
You will find the feather here but when you approach it, the feather will go further down the cave. You will encounter another circular door at the end of the cave and need to guide all the Mysterious Seelie in the room to continue with the quest. Below is the location of all the Mysterious Seelie in the cave.
- The first Mysterious Seelie can be found in the room on the right side of the cave.
- The second Mysterious Seelie is located on top of a broken pillar near the entrance where you came from previously.
- Go near the broken tower structure and you will notice a boulder that you can break next to it.
- Break the boulder and you will find the last Mysterious Seelie in the room.
Once you guide all the Mysterious Seelie in the room, the cube Mechanism will activate, removing the water in the middle of the room, revealing an area underneath.
Relay Stone Puzzle 2
Go down to the new area and you will notice another Relay Stone Puzzle. Follow the steps below to solve the 2nd Relay Stone Puzzle in Shirikoro Peak.
- Get the lone Relay stone on the wall to your right.
- Go north and place it next to the last Relay Stone on the right, next to the wall.
- Go to the south and get the Relay stone in the middle.
- Climb up and get the Relay stone inside the broken tower structure.
- Place one of the Relay Stone in between the two Stones on the left of the circular door until they connect.
- Place the second Relay Stone in between the two Stones on the right side of the circular door until they connect. You may need to place it at the edge of the cliff.
You will get a Luxurious Chest after completing the puzzle. Activate the cube mechanism to open the circular door. Go inside the room to get the last feather and go back to the Tree. Make an offering to the perch and it will show a cutscene, removing the fog surrounding the Shirokoro Peak.
The Last Shrine is located in the Autake Plains which is to the left of Oina Beach. After arriving at the quest area, you will need to defeat a few enemies that will pop up. After talking to Ruu, touch the Perch to begin the offering process. Below is the location of the three feathers that will disperse in the area.
- Go down the cliff and you will see a few wooden boxes and a shield. You can get the 1st feather here. Be careful, enemies will appear after touching the 1st feather.
- Go southeast of the tree and you will find the 2nd feather next to a Thunder Sakura Bough. Once you approach it, it will fly away further into the Electro barrier.
- Summon the Electroganum using the Thunder Sakura Bough so you can get through the Electro barrier and touch the 2nd feather.
- The 3rd Feather is located in the enemy camp on the right side of the tree.
- Clear out the monsters in this camp and touch the feather located on the rooftop.
Make an offering to the perch and watch it disperse the fog around the Autake Plains. Talk to Ruu after completing the quest.
Moshiri Ceremonial Site
Teleport back to the waypoint near the Moshiri Ceremonial Site. You will notice that all the people on the Site are gone. Investigate the light on the ground to find the Maushiro. Teleport to the Statue of Seven and talk to the Kama near the docks. He will send you back to Ritou City. Teleport back to the Inazuma City and talk to Sumida to complete the quest.
After completing the quest, you will obtain multiple rewards and unlock Tsurumi Island. You can also proceed with the second part of the quest which is called the Octave of Maushiro. Below are the rewards you can get for completing the quest.
- 450 Adventurer's EXP
- 50,000 Mora
- 50 Primogems
- 5 Hero's Wit
- 4 Mystic Enhancement Ore
You will also get the achievement called "P-Paimon ate it..." which can only be unlocked after completing the World Quest.
The World Quest called "A Particularly Particular Author" revolves around an author who requests a commission for you to retrieve the Maushiro in the Tsurumi Island. Accepting this quest will unlock Tsurumi Island and allow you to meet a child named Ruu. You have to find a way through the fog and make an offering to the three perch on the Island. Completing this world quest will also disperse the fog surrounding the entire island.