Official Tribes Ascend Xfire Community
Tribes Open Beta Version 0.1.809
Tribes Beta Version 0.1.809.0 Patch Notes
SERVER DOWNTIME: The Tribes Servers are expected to be down for a number of hours on MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012 while the patch is deployed. Watch the Server Status on the game loader for the latest availability information.
IN ADDITION, we expect to do several server restarts on MONDAY MARCH 5 as we stress test some elements of the game. Thanks in advance for your patience.
1) Badges are now awarded as you achieve certain milestones inside of the game. Each badge has multiple ranks (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Obisidian). You earn bonus XP each time you rank up a badge. You may view available and earned badges, as well as accolades and general stats, through the PROFILE menu broken down by subsections. Note that this system is still a work in progress, and some items are not yet fully complete. In addition, some bugs and issues should be expected.
2) Two new perks have been added (see below for more).
3) A new Team Deathmatch map has been added (Outskirts).
4) Mirv Launcher and Mortar Launcher now use standard 50% projectile inheritance.
5) Two new perks have been added - Rage and Sonic Punch.
6) Rage is a defensive Perk that, fully unlocked, increases energy regeneration for a limited time and provides a 25% heal if nearby your flag when an enemy grabs it.
7) Sonic Punch, fully unlocked, creates a shock wave with each melee swing that pushes back nearby players, and can force a flag fumble.
8 ) Fixed many scenarios where weapons could “dry fire.” This fix improves instances where the weapon would appear to fire but no projectile would spawn, improves instances where the weapon could falsely reload, and improves scenarios where a deployable would not properly deploy, even though it appears valid on the player’s client.
9) Arena Gamemode
10) Arena now unlocks as a playable mode at Level 8.
11) Fixed issue where players would spawn as the Soldier class upon first joining an Arena Deathmatch.
12) Credit count resets after each new round in Arena Deathmatch (the total number of reported credits earned for the lifetime of the match is retained, however).
13) To better indicate a player is in a warm-up round, the game goes grayscale during this period.
14) The overhead caret for the last man standing on a team is now always visible to other players.
15) Players who are benched during the finale of a round will no longer AFK timeout if the finale lasts more than three minutes.
16) When a player runs out of respawns, the text next to the death counter now says, “Out of Respawns” and when the timer expires it says, “Fire to Spectate”
17) The distance from the reticule to see the health and nameplates of other players and objectives is more lenient, especially when zoomed.
18 ) CTF Temple Ruins has been removed from the public queue pending technical and design improvements.
19) CTF Bella Omega has been removed from the public queue pending design improvements.
20) Fixed many bugs on the Player and Team Summary Scenes
21) The “Acquired” pop-up has been improved.
22) The HUD animations for accolades and badges has been improved.
23) Fixed a bug where a player could ski through an inventory station and be propelled out.
24) Fixed a bug where the player could get in a situation where they would not properly attach to a vehicle station.
25) Fixed the “missing font” log spam.
26) Fixed a bug where you could click the “Boost” button from the Player Summary even when that button is invisible.
27) Fixed issues where players were not being AFK kicked in situations where they were the only one in the match and at the initial team-select screen.
28 ) The in-match class quick select screen no longer overrides the post process effects for the map.
29) Added proper animations to the Heavy when driving or riding on a Grav Cycle.
30) Fixed a bug where ammo pickups were floating in the air or continuously bouncing.
31) Fixed an issue where bForceStaticTerrain stopped working in the previous patch.
32) Fixed an issue where users were losing their weapons when spawning a vehicle and then immediately using an inventory station.
33) Fixed an issue where players were able to call-in a Supply Drop on their own head.
34) Fixed an issue where turret holograms were not properly disappearing after using an inventory station.
35) Fixed an issue where sticky projectiles on the generator were not damaging nearby players.
36) Fixed an issue where users were able to stay perpetually hidden from turrets by rapidly enabling and disabling stealth.
37) Fixed an issue where the Soldier’s Utility Pack was not functioning for many players.
38 ) Added improved collision to base turrets and base radar sensors.
39) Fixed an issue where motion sensors destroyed by enemies were not triggering.
40) Lava on Inferno TDM will now cause damage when touched, but currently will not show players on fire after contact.
41) Fixed an issue where players were able to get over the boundary wall on Inferno. Also fixed collision issues on the ceiling in the central tunnel.
42) Lava Arena has been refitted with a custom art set.
43) VGS and Team Announcer volume settings are now properly working.
44) Base Turrets and Base Radar Sensors now have new collision, this will make them easier to hit and repair.
45) Fixed an issue where 1P overlay effects on the weapon and arms would not be playing even when the effect was active, i.e. health regeneration, stealth, jammer, etc.
46) Fixed an issue where Shrikes were taking double or more damage from light turrets.
47) Fixed an issue where certain sounds were not stopping when the player died.
48 ) Fixed an issue where the Infiltrator’s Stealth Spinfusor was not doing extra damage to armored.
49) Rank names have been adjusted to match new iconsx.
50) Lava pain volumes in Inferno TDM will not show any fire particle effects.
51) Roaming a map can occasionally lead to a crash. The fix is under investigation.
52) The new gray-scale effect that shows up during a warm-up round in Arena Deathmatch does not affect users with low video card settings.
53) Pathfinder’s Light Assault Rifle allows for constant repeated bursts of fire in training areas if the player holds down the fire button. This issue will be fixed in a subsequent patch.
Posted by Official Tribes Community
March 05, 2012 - 12:47 PM
"Open Beta" now available ! ! !
As some of you already know, open beta has been released and are already playing it :)
What you may not know is, I would like for us to be as competitive and awesome as any other community such as crossfires 500,000 members. So I can only send so many invites, so I'm asking any of you "honorable" gamers to lend a hand and have your friends join and help us be a great success. Also anyone who wishes to be a leader-"please take the lead" and live by example-I will rank you up as you capture my attention. I also would like us to COMPETE in scrims and matches. So if any wish to grow-send me a PM about your skills and begin leading us to our victory that is inevitable XD.
PS. I think Tribes can rival Crossfire and Teamfortress 2 communities lets see shall we ;)
Posted by Xall
March 05, 2012 - 10:23 AM