XFIRE™ BLAZES PAST THREE MILLION REGISTERED USERS
Xfire Is the Application and Community of Choice for US and EU Gamers
MENLO PARK, CA – JANUARY 19, 2006 – Xfire, Inc., the most complete, all-in-one PC gaming application in the world, today announced its free service is used by over three million registered users. Xfire has simplified gaming with a compelling set of features including:
- Friend List for Gamers – Xfire users can see when their gamer friends are online and what games they are currently playing.
- One-Click Join – Xfire users can see what games their friends are playing and use the one-click join feature to play alongside their friends instantly.
- Xfire In-Game Messaging – Xfire users can send and receive instant messages while playing in many games without having to minimize or Alt-Tab out of the game.
- Stats Tracking – Through automatically updated player profiles, Xfire displays what games users are playing and how many hours they have played them.
- File Downloads – Xfire’s file download system delivers demos, patches, trailers, and other files to users via a closed peer-to-peer distribution system.
- Voice Chat – Xfire allows gamers to talk to each other over a private peer-to-peer chat network.
“We launched Xfire less than two years ago, and we have watched the community grow at an exponential rate,” said Mike Cassidy, CEO of Xfire. “It took us one year to reach our first million users, eight months to reach our second million, and five months to reach our third million. And our passionate users now run Xfire an average of 88 hours per month each.”
Xfire continues to have remarkable growth as it is the perfect tool not only for hardcore gamers but for moderate gamers as well. Xfire is also one of the biggest organizers of online video gaming events in the world today having run over 40 events gathering over 100,000 gamers in the US and in the EU. Because of its rapidly growing, highly engaged user base, Xfire’s advertising customers include brands such as Pepsi, Dodge, Unilever, Electronic Arts, Fox Studios, and many more that want to reach gamers and males age 18-34.
To download Xfire for free please visit www.xfire.com.
Xfire, Inc. is the fastest growing online gaming platform and community in the world. Xfire helps gamers play with their friends much more easily. Xfire is also a server browser, IM, and file download system designed just for gamers. Xfire has over three million members in over 100 countries. Company management includes Mike Cassidy (former CEO of Direct Hit), Chris Kirmse (creator of Meridian 59), Adam Boyden, and Dennis "Thresh" Fong (World Champion of Quake). Xfire is funded by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, NEA, and Granite Global Ventures. Xfire is supported by advertisers and marketers trying to reach the 18-34 male audience.