Media Contact for Xfire:
XFIRE™ CROSSES 1.5 MILLION REGISTERED USER MARK
Friend tracking, one-click join, and support for over 300 games are keys to growth
Menlo Park, CA – May 17, 2005 – Xfire, Inc., the fastest growing online gaming platform and community, is announcing at E3 that its free service, Xfire™, has grown to 1.5 million registered users. Xfire will be at E3 in the Microsoft "Games for Windows" booth ( #1068 ) in the South Hall.
“Our goal has always been to make multiplayer gaming simpler
and more fun. 1.5 million gamers have signed up for
Xfire because it helps them play online games with friends,” said
Xfire has simplified gaming by launching the following features:
- Friend List for Gamers – Xfire users can see when their gamer friends are online AND what games they are currently playing.
- One-Click Join – Xfire users can see what games their friends are playing and use the one-click join feature to play alongside their friends instantly.
- Xfire In-Game Messaging – Xfire users can send and receive instant messages while playing in many games without having to minimize or Alt-Tab out of the game.
- Stats Tracking – Through automatically updated player profiles, Xfire displays what games users are playing and how many hours they have played them.
- Game Server Browser - Xfire’s server browser allows users to choose a game server to join without running a separate application. Xfire also keeps track of gamers’ most recently visited servers, favorite servers, and even friends’ favorite servers.
- File Downloads – Xfire’s file download system deliver demos, patches, trailers, and other files to users via a closed peer-to-peer distribution system. Xfire can detect when a user is playing a game and automatically pause the download until the user exits the game. Xfire also offers users the ability to sign up for channels so they can get files delivered automatically based on their interests.
Xfire has created a large and growing global audience
through a combination of innovative
- Players in more than 100 countries spend nearly 1 million hours each day online on Xfire.
- Average time running Xfire is 60 hours per month per gamer.
- The top games being tracked on Xfire are Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, and World of Warcraft, which combined have over 10 million minutes of game play tracked per day.
- Xfire has organized over twenty-five events in eight countries with almost 25,000 participants and exposure to over six million gamers in the past year.
- Xfire supports over 300 game titles and continues to add more games each month.
To download Xfire for free please visit www.xfire.com. Xfire is supported by advertisers and marketers trying to reach the 18-34 male audience.
Xfire currently supports over 300 game titles, including: America's Army: Special Forces, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike, Dark Age of Camelot, Dark Age of Camelot – Shrouded Isles, Diablo, Diablo II, DOOM 3, Dungeon Siege, EverQuest, Final Fantasy XI, Halo, Lineage, Lineage II, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Meridian 59, Neverwinter Nights, PlanetSide, Quake, Quake III Arena, Starcraft, The Temple of Elemental Evil, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal Tournament 2004, Warcraft III, Wolfenstein – Enemy Territory, World of Warcraft, XEvil, and many more.
Xfire, Inc. (www.xfire.com) is the fastest growing online
gaming platform and community in the world.
Xfire helps gamers play with their friends much more easily. Xfire is
also a server browser, IM, and file download system designed just for gamers.
Xfire has over 1.5 million members in over 100 countries. The company was founded by Dennis
"Thresh" Fong (World Champion of Quake) and