Media Contact for Xfire:
XFIRE™ CROSSES ONE MILLION USER MARK
Menlo Park, CA – February 11, 2005 – Xfire, Inc., the fastest growing online gaming platform and community, today announced that its free service, Xfire™, has grown to one million registered users in its first year. Xfire continues to launch innovative features which make multiplayer gaming simpler and more fun.
“In the past year, we’ve made it easier for gamers to see when their friends are online, join them in games, and communicate with each other while playing hundreds of different online games,” said Mike Cassidy, CEO of Xfire, Inc., “Reaching one million members is a milestone we’re extremely proud of and is a result of providing the tools and services that our users want most.”
Over the past year, Xfire has simplified gaming by launching the following features:
- Friend List for Gamers – Xfire users can see when their friends are online AND what games they are currently playing.
- One-Click Join – Xfire users can see what games their friends are playing and use the one-click join feature to play alongside their friends instantly.
- Xfire In-Game Messaging – Xfire users can send and receive instant messages while playing in many games without having to minimize or Alt-Tab out of the game.
- Stats Tracking – Through automatically updated player profiles, Xfire displays what games users are playing and how many hours they have played them.
- Game Server Browser - Xfire’s server browser allows users to choose a game server to join without running a separate application. Xfire also keeps track of gamers’ most recently visited servers, favorite servers, and even friends’ favorite servers.
Xfire has grown a large and growing global audience through a combination of innovative product launches, sponsored events with world-class professional gaming teams, partnerships with leaders in the gaming industry, and word-of-mouth.
- Players in more than 100 countries spend more than 700,000 hours each day online on Xfire.
- Average time online is 60 hours per month per gamer
- The top games being tracked on Xfire are Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, and World of Warcraft, which combined have over 5 million minutes of game play tracked per day.
- Xfire has organized over fifteen events, in seven countries, with almost 10,000 participants, and exposure to over six million gamers in the past year.
- Xfire supports over 250 game titles and the list keeps growing each month.
To download Xfire for free please visit www.xfire.com. Xfire is supported by advertisers and marketers trying to reach the 18-34 male audience.
Xfire currently supports over 250 game titles, including: America’s Army: Operations, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike, Dark Age of Camelot, Dark Age of Camelot – Shrouded Isles, Diablo, Diablo II, DOOM 3, Dungeon Siege, EverQuest, Final Fantasy XI, Halo, Lineage, Lineage II, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Meridian 59, Neverwinter Nights, PlanetSide, Quake, Quake III Arena, Starcraft, The Temple of Elemental Evil, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal Tournament 2004, Warcraft III, Wolfenstein – Enemy Territory, World of Warcraft, XEvil, and many more.
Xfire, Inc. (www.xfire.com) is the fastest growing online gaming platform and community in the world. Xfire helps gamers play with their friends much more easily. Xfire is also a server browser, IM, and file download system designed just for gamers. Xfire has over 1 million members in over 100 countries. The company was founded by Dennis "Thresh" Fong (World Champion of Quake) and Mike Cassidy (former CEO of Direct Hit). Xfire is funded by Draper Fisher Jurvetson and NEA.