Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Expansion
The Second Live Chat was held on Tuesday October 24th at 7:00pm Eastern Time.
Participants in the Second Live Chat had a chance to win:
- 10 prize packs including: signed copies of the Empire at War Game and the Forces of Corruption Expansion
Darth Vader's Lightsaber! (1 Star Wars official Force FX Lightsaber)
The First Live Chat was on Friday, September 15th, 2006.
The Second Live Chat was on Tuesday, October 24th, 2006.
Join the RTS Demos Channel & Get the Forces of Corruption Demo!
By subscribing to the Real Time Strategy Demos channel you will automatically get all new RTS Demos.
When you add the channel, you will automatically receive files active in the channel.
You can also view the 'Archived Files' to manually download files that were previously included in this channel.
Join 5 Million Other Users On Xfire
What is Xfire?
Xfire is the ultimate tool for any gamer. It combines instant
messaging, a server browser, file downloads, in-game messaging and one
of the most active gaming communities in the world into a small, simple
BTW, it's free.
Why Xfire pwns:
With Xfire, you'll never be out of touch with your friends or the
gaming world. You can play with your friends, get the newest gaming
files and keep track of your gaming stats, all in one place. If you're
not a member, register
an account today and participate in great live chats and contests like this one.
Major additions to the game included in the Forces of Corruption Expansion:
- A new "Underworld" faction whose powers will include bringing enemy units, stealing credits from other factions, slowing down enemy unit production and purchasing units and upgrades from the black market.
- The ability to customize bases in land battles.
- 13 new planets including Mandalore, Hypori, Honoghr, The Maw, Felucia, Mustafar, Kamino, Utapau and Saleucami.
- The ability to transport units in vehicles.
- The ability to bombard a planet surface when a capital ship is in orbit, in addition to the current bombing runs system.
- Some Underworld ships will carry cloaking devices.
- Mobile defense platforms (moving turrets) will be constructible.
- New terrain types will include: can only be crossed by infantry, cannot be crossed by heavy vehicles and terrain that damages units.
- Higher resolution textures.
- Larger (30% - 40% bigger) maps.