Dungeons & Dragons Online® Play 2 Win Official Rules
1.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: "Dungeons & Dragons Online® Play 2 Win Event" sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") commences at 12:00:01 AM (PDT) on October 19, 2009 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (PDT) on November 2, 2009 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (PDT) on November 2, 2009.
3. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of North America including the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, Canada, and Mexico. Entrants must be at least 13 years of age or older (except for legal residents of Maine who must be 18 years of age or older) at time of entry. Entrants who are considered minors in the jurisdiction in which they reside will be required to obtain parental or legal guardian consent to be eligible to be declared a winner. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Xfire, Inc. ("Xfire"), Turbine, Inc. ("Turbine" and together with Xfire, the "Sponsors") and each of their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, third party fulfillment agencies, licensors, prize suppliers, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and third party fulfillment agencies, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsors, and by the decisions of Sponsors which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; and (b) agree to release from liability, indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, causes of action, proceedings, injuries, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorney’s costs and expenses) arising out of or relating to such entrant’s participation or inability to participate in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, possession, defect in, use, inability to use, or misuse, or redemption of or inability to redeem a prize and/or the violation of any person’s publicity, personal, privacy or proprietary rights.
4.To Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry:
(a) First Method of Entry: Log on to www.xfire.com/cms/xf_ddo, a web site owned and controlled by Xfire (the "Web Site"), at any time during the Sweepstakes Period and:
1. Log in to your Xfire user account or if you do not have an Xfire user account, follow the instructions to create a user account (the "Account");
2. Download the free game, Dungeons & Dragons Online (the "Game");
3. Join the Official Dungeons & Dragons Online Community (the "Official Community") on the Web Site (which is free to join); and
4. Play the Game with Xfire running. You become eligible for different prizing categories depending on the number of hours you play as follows:
· You must play 1:00:01 or more hours during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible for Bronze Tier Prize (as defined below)
· You must play 25:00:01or more hours during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible for Silver Tier Prize (as defined below)
· You must play 50:00:01 or more hours during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible for Gold Tier Prize (as defined below)
YOU MUST JOIN THE OFFICIAL COMMUNITY AND HAVE XFIRE RUNNING IN ORDER FOR YOUR GAME PLAY HOURS TO BE TRACKED. IF BOTH ARE NOT DONE, YOU ARE NOT ENTERED INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES. BY JOINING THE OFFICIAL COMMUNITY, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
(b) Second Method of Entry: Print your name, phone number, mailing address, Xfire userame, email address and which prize drawing you want to be entered to win (Gold Tier, Silver Tier, Bronze Tier) on a 3" x 5" card, insert card in a #10 envelope, affix postage and mail to: Xfire Dungeons & Dragons Online Play 2 Win Event, ATTN: Xfire Marketing, 1351 Fourth St. 4th Floor,Menlo Park, CA 90401. All entries must be postmarked by November 2, 2009 and received by November 9, 2009. Persons who do not specify which prize drawing they want to be entered into will automatically be entered into the Bronze Tier Prize drawing. No mechanical reproductions or computer generated entries permitted. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or postage due mail/entries. All entries submitted under this paragraph 4(b) in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as "Mail-In Entries".
The Online Entries and Mail-In Entries shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as the "Eligible Entries". All Online Entries, must be received by 11:59:59 PM (PDT) on November 2, 2009. All Mail-In Entries must be received by 11:59:59 AM (PT) on November 9, 2009.Only one entry allowed per Xfire user.All entries become the property of Xfire and will not be acknowledged or returned. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received. Entry into Sweepstakes is limited as specified in each of the above entry methods. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per entrant.
5.Winner Selection/Notification: There will be one Grand Prize winner (the "Grand Prize"), Three (3) Gold Tier winner (the "Gold Tier Winner"), Three (3) Silver Tier winners (the "Silver Tier Winner(s)") and twenty-five (25) Bronze Tier winners (the "Bronze Tier Winner(s)" and, collectively with the Gold Tier Winner and Silver Tier Winners, the "Winner(s)"). On or about November 9, 2009, Xfire will randomly select the potential Winners from all of the Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Xfire will make up to three (3) attempts over a fourteen (14) day period following the potential Winners selection to contact the potential Winners via the email address provided and saved with their Account ("Claim Period"). If a potential Winner cannot be reached during the Claim Period in which he/she is emailed, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected at random from among all remaining applicable Eligible Entries received.
6.Winner Verification: Each potential Winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if potential Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules or if his/her Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received in Sponsors’ sole discretion. The potential Winner must sign (or his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Sponsors: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, members, affiliated companies and subsidiaries, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of any prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsors the right to use the Winners’ name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such releases. Each potential Winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) also must acknowledge that Sponsors have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that potential Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. Each potential Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsors (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sponsors or potential Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsors’ sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsors relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsors expressly reserve the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsors deem necessary.
(a) Gold Tier: Four (4) Gold Tier Winners will receive an ATI Radeon HD 5870 Graphics Card (collectively, the "Gold Tier Prize"). The total ARV of Gold Tier Prize is USD $1519.00.
(b) Silver Tier: Three (3) Silver Tier Winners will receive a Samsung 23" Widescreen Monitor (collectively, the "Silver Tier Prize(s)"). The total ARV of each Silver Tier Prize is USD $660.00.
(c) Bronze Tier: Twenty-Five (25) Bronze Tier Winners will each receive 1500 Points for the Turbine Store; (collectively, the "Bronze Prize(s)" and, with Gold Tier Prize and Silver Tier Prizes, the "Prizes") . The total ARV of each Bronze Tier Prize is USD $600.00.
(d) Grand Prize: (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a Cyberpower PC Game Xtreme 1024 PC and Samsung 24" Monitors. The total ARV of the Grand Prize is USD $2100.00.
The ARV of all Prizes is USD $5,000.00 and is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prize will be made by the Sponsors. The dates for the fulfillment of the Prizes will be on or around November 12, 2009 and such date is subject to change in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
8.General Prize Terms: All costs and expenses not specifically listed above are solely Winners’ responsibility. The value of each Prize will be taxable to the Winner who won it as income. Each Winner must supply Sponsors with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 or other tax related documents may be issued in the name of each of the Winners, or if the Winner is a minor, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, Winners (as well as all other entrants) are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winners’ responsibility. Sponsors shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize Prize as described herein.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of a Prize or any portion thereof permitted, except by Sponsors, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
9.General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes or the Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Xfire’s programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on www.xfire.com/cms/xf_ddoand Prizes may be awarded to potential Winners to be selected from among all applicable entrants who submitted Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsors. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsors are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted and will result in disqualification of all such entries. Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
10.Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
"Dungeons & Dragons Online Play 2 Win Event"
Attention: Xfire Marketing
1351 Fourth St. 4th Floor
Menlo Park, CA 90401
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of Winners must be made by November 28 , 2009. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting "Official Rules" or the names of the "Winners". Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsors: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Xfire, Inc., 1351 Fourth St. 4th Floor, Santa Monica, CA 90401 and Turbine, Inc., 60 Glacier Drive, Suite 4000, Westwood, MA 02090.